PSB M4U 2
May 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #391 of 733
I had a pair of PSB' M4U2 & wrote a review about it last year. Since then I've passed it to DonnyHiFi.

I've also tried the Zik on numerous occasions & considered buying it for the techno geeky trend factor.

If you're talking solely about SQ, the PSBs would be the better of the two by xxx-fold. The Zik's SQ isn't detailed, bass is boomy, trebles a little veiled, etc. The SQ can be improved a little through its software EQ & config settings (I have an iPhone, dunno about Android).

However in terms of "cool" factor, the Zik definitely attracts attention with its fancy gadgetry (e.g. Auto pause when it's off the head, touch/slide volume & track control, etc. whereas the M4U2's uniformly wide headband looks like something out of the 1977 Star Wars movie.

May 21, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #394 of 733
I think Trunks was asking about the Zik. The bass in the PSB isn't very colored at all, I agree. It's not bass heavy at all, I also agree, but the quality of the bass is uniformly excellent.

May 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #395 of 733
Nope, I was asking about the psb. I hate the look of the zik (am I in the minority here?) so I would never buy it.
I like the sound of those psbs (not literally), I don't like brutally emphasized bass.

May 21, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #396 of 733
Ahhhh,OK. Yes, nothing to worry about with the PSBs in terms of over emphasized bass. On occasion I actually wish there was just a bit more bass weight.

May 21, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #397 of 733
Nope, I was asking about the psb. I hate the look of the zik (am I in the minority here?) so I would never buy it.
I like the sound of those psbs (not literally), I don't like brutally emphasized bass.
If you hate the looks of the Zik & if you don't care about the gizmo's that it has, then the clear suitable headphones for you of the two would be the PSBs then.

May 21, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #399 of 733
I was never even considering the zik :D. Anyway, would you call the psb dark?
PSB dark!? Not to my ears. I kinda feel the PSBs are a "no-nonsense" kinda signature....not over/artificially bright, not too bassy, not warm, nor dark. To my ears anyway.

May 21, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #400 of 733
Totally agree, great description. I'd actually go so far as to call them well balanced, and fairly neutral.

May 22, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #405 of 733
I had the chance to audition both momentum and the psb in person yesterday. Momentum is quite nice feeling and compact/sturdy. It's pads are a bit small for my tastes, but did fit around ear. The psb is considerably bigger and somewhat plastic in comparison. It's headband is also clunky/bulky feeling on the head, but overall I liked its comfort more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back