Protest against Posting Requirements for the Gear For Sale/Trade Forums
Feb 8, 2008 at 2:10 AM Post #31 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't like Americans,then go back to where you came from!boy

Who said he was living in the US? But I agree, his response was unnecessary.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #32 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who said he was living in the US? But I agree, his response was unnecessary.

This forum does have a large American base, so if he has issues, he may want to consider leaving.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #33 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This forum does have a large American base, so if he has issues, he may want to consider leaving.

I'm not defending his blatant anti-Americanism.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #34 of 62
Bless you for saying something intelligent. Now I'm going to eat dinner; heaven forbid I hit 50 in this thread... wouldn't I have egg on my face! Q<

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The problem is that "meaningful" is very subjective. Going only by date of registration initially sounds good, but then there are the people who registered in 2001, posted nothing, and then randomly decide that they want to just dump gear (and I'm not saying you are - I'm just discussing the issue in general). There's no easy solution that immediately separates the respectable members from the not. But posting 50 meaningful comments isn't very hard if you just click some interesting-looking topics in the Music forum/Members' Lounge, and you already more than fulfill the 30 day requirement.

Check out the "Today I found out to my horror that...." thread in this same forum. There's a lot of good posts by people not quite so worked up over it.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #35 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by quickink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's true! And if I'm selling to people who filled their post allotment with a bunch of meaningless posts I'm not getting the purchaser base I want either. Yet the system is bent in that direction. I think there's room for improvement.

How about taking a break from taking potshots at me (not you braillediver) and suggesting some alternate (or even additional) criterion for Posting Requirements? Maybe more meaningful posts instead of junk is a good one?

It's everyone's choice to either write "meaningful" posts or "meaningless" posts.
Either way, that becomes of basis of assessment, whether the participant of the deal is worthy enough to be trusted.
If you believe that you have to write contributory and well-developed posts to acquire such position, then so be it. It can only help you.
However, your complaining (this argument already has been dismissed several times in the past as mentioned before) does not contribute so much to your ideal.

Feb 8, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not defending his blatant anti-Americanism.

I didn't think you were.

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #38 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by quickink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's true! And if I'm selling to people who filled their post allotment with a bunch of meaningless posts I'm not getting the purchaser base I want either. Yet the system is bent in that direction. I think there's room for improvement.

How about taking a break from taking potshots at me (not you braillediver) and suggesting some alternate (or even additional) criterion for Posting Requirements? Maybe more meaningful posts instead of junk is a good one?

We have a big admin & moderating staff that went over this a while ago. I believe it was a collective effort, and I’d bet much was debated before any final action. I doubt there is much that could be covered that was not already.

Having said that, I’m sure there are those that would disagree with me.

Some of you might say, “Well, Sam, our moderators aren’t exactly the 54’ supreme court.” Yes, of course, but that doesn’t’ mean that they can’t come to a solid decision about a simple FS forum.

Some of you might argue, “Sam, It’s not like were talking about the collective intelligence seen of those gathered at Bletchley Park, Los Alamos, or Potsdam.” Obviously, but there’s not nearly as much at stake here. Don’t be so damn dramatic.

I know one guy who would swear that this forum could be run better by the 8 women in smocks he sees smoking outside of the beauty college he passes on the way to work every morning. Well Damit Podna, WE DON”T HAVE 8 BEAUTY COLLEGE STUDENTS; WE’VE GOT WHO WE GOT!!!

Many would demand that the staff here ranges from mildly dumb to functionally incapable of thought. I would answer that now you guys are just being ugly.

The gang here has thought it over. It’s not like they are asking for a stool sample, they don’t want your cheek cells, and they don’t even want your cash. They want 50 post.
C’mon, it isn’t that bad.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #40 of 62
Seems all the people replying how easy it is to hit 50 are people who have 200+ posts...

But it also seems that the OP joined this forum just to sell some headphones. I remember when I joined, I didn't even know the FS forum existed. By the time I noticed it, I'd been a member for a while and had well over 50 posts so I didn't even need to make a conscious effort to post.

Maybe the OP should consider buying some new headphone related gear so he/she has something to post about?

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #41 of 62
I'm still very new here and at first I hated the same thing your talking about. But I think it's a good thing, it prevents people clogging up the threads with junk, Makes it a deterent for somebody ripping others off. (check out hard forums for sale/trade) It's pretty silly, just overwhelmed with randoms, flooding in.

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #42 of 62
OMG Its not a big deal, and i think the rule is more than fair honestly.
If you post 2 times a day for 30 days youll have 60 posts!
Its not so bad for us to get to know you for at least a month before shelling out money to buy something from a stranger that may possibly live too far away to strangle if we get screwed!

I had to wait a few months of membership before i can adopt my Blue&Gold Macaw Parrot from the bird club i am a member of.
I waited and then adopted one, and thats it.

Even after a few hundred posts, it took awhile for me to be able to buy anything here because i didnt have a feedback thread,and all i had was ebay feedback......but now i have buyer and seller feedback, and a few hundred posts and a few years of head-fi under my belt.
Just be patient
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #43 of 62
I was ripped off here for $400 a couple years back and have been a member for almost five years with only 130 posts... and I would have no problem making a swap with the OP, I know what to look out for with scammers... but some of the responses in this post to the OP, as well as that barbarian's response to myself on the first page, make me disappointed. This place is less friendly than I thought it is, or once was. Maybe all niche forums are like that... or maybe all people are territorial and don't like things questioned... maybe, maybe not, but in any case I'm done with this place.

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #44 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was ripped off here for $400 a couple years back and have been a member for almost five years with only 130 posts... and I would have no problem making a swap with the OP, I know what to look out for with scammers... but some of the responses in this post to the OP, as well as that barbarian's response to myself on the first page, make me disappointed. This place is less friendly than I thought it is, or once was. Maybe all niche forums are like that... or maybe all people are territorial and don't like things questioned... maybe, maybe not, but in any case I'm done with this place.

Goodbye from Head-Fi, sorry about your thin ...

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #45 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have a big admin & moderating staff that went over this a while ago. I believe it was a collective effort, and I’d bet much was debated before any final action. I doubt there is much that could be covered that was not already.

Having said that, I’m sure there are those that would disagree with me.

Some of you might say, “Well, Sam, our moderators aren’t exactly the 54’ supreme court.” Yes, of course, but that doesn’t’ mean that they can’t come to a solid decision about a simple FS forum.

Some of you might argue, “Sam, It’s not like were talking about the collective intelligence seen of those gathered at Bletchley Park, Los Alamos, or Potsdam.” Obviously, but there’s not nearly as much at stake here. Don’t be so damn dramatic.

I know one guy who would swear that this forum could be run better by the 8 women in smocks he sees smoking outside of the beauty college he passes on the way to work every morning. Well Damit Podna, WE DON”T HAVE 8 BEAUTY COLLEGE STUDENTS; WE’VE GOT WHO WE GOT!!!

Many would demand that the staff here ranges from mildly dumb to functionally incapable of thought. I would answer that now you guys are just being ugly.

The gang here has thought it over. It’s not like they are asking for a stool sample, they don’t want your cheek cells, and they don’t even want your cash. They want 50 post.
C’mon, it isn’t that bad.

I like the way you've described Head-Fi's moderators, or rather, how you've described how other people might describe us! Quite clever... hmmm... who should I ban next? I know, maybe Sam!!! Getit, gotit?
biggrin.gif

We are a bunch of dumb sh!ts, come to think about it... a representative sample of our membership, or so I've been told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back