Protest against Posting Requirements for the Gear For Sale/Trade Forums
Feb 9, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #61 of 62
I bought a headphone amp from a forum member when I had 5 posts. I was thankful he accepted. I have zero ebay feedback, zero forum feedback, zero any feedback.

Admining a forum isn't too much difficult, from what I've done, seen, and heard. Doesn't it takes all but of a minute to take a username, go into the admin CP, and either A) change post count, or B) graduate the user? Either way, if the moderators/admin(s) can't be bothered for such things, then they must be very busy.

It's up to the buyer to be willing to buy from somebody who has <50 posts just as much for somebody to SELL to somebody with <50 posts. You have to be responsible for your own actions.

1 vote for keeping the 50-post rule. It is generally a good thing.

Tyler

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #62 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhendrickson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was/am in the same position as the OP. I was looking for an amp and LOD, and while it was inconvenient to not be able to reply to FS ads, I was still able to PM.

I, too, thought about PM'ing a mod and decided against it. I also thought about doing some post whoring but didn't think that was a good way to build a reputation here. If you've been around for a couple of years you have most likely picked up some knowledge of the areas this forum covers, so why not put it to use and help some of the newer folks that have questions.

Too many people on the internet are out to scam and spam others, and as inconvenient as it may be, this is one solution.

I think this is an extremely thoughtful post, and one in which I happen to agree with. I also think that it's within anyone's right to question something that: 1) they don't understand in terms of why the rule exists, or 2) think they can propose a better solution.

It's just that we seem to have to keep going over the same ground again and again because there are always new members joining our ranks who, in many cases, are rightfully confused about certain rules or just plain don't agree with them.

Thus, from time to time we let a thread like this run for a while, at least until it has answered the question (with or without any of the moderators chipping in, and sometimes getting a little frustrated that they have to do so yet again, which is also understandable). But when it gets to this point in the thread where the very legitimate question has been asked, answered, debated, and counter-debated several times, it begins to make more sense just to shut it down and await the next round of queries on the same matter (usually about a month later, give or take).

So as I see it, and no offense to anyone because nobody has done anything "wrong" in this thread, I think it's time to put it to rest with my new favorite smiley face.

lock.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back