Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones
Sep 5, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #62 of 446
  Looks like the designers were on something when they made this ugly headphone , just like HiFiMAN when they decided to use stupid mini-coaxial connectors ...talk about a great analogy 

Hey I like the mini-coax connectors! 

But as for the Sennheisers, I don't really like the appearance. They use velour pads, I wonder what the sound is like.

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #63 of 446
If my memory serves Sennheiser obviously has not been a good apparel designer, and honestly I also don't think Momentums (both versions) of any colour are beautiful. Anyway, as long as they sound good enough. The look of headphones is the least of my concerns.

Sep 5, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #64 of 446
yeah IMO sennheiser has been struggling to make appealing designs, while companies like Sony are churning out beautiful stuff like the MDR-1R which may not necessarily sound good but definitely look the part.

Sep 5, 2014 at 3:24 AM Post #65 of 446
As Adam Jensen would have said: I never asked for this.

Sep 5, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #67 of 446
hell, I thought the momentum on-ear was already way too bassy.
And it wasn't advertised as being a bassy headphone.

Don't wanna imagine how bassy those are going to be :frowning2:

Sep 5, 2014 at 6:50 AM Post #69 of 446
+1 ur post frix. The Momentum On-Ears sound never truely fit in with the advertising campaign.

Sep 5, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #70 of 446
+1 ur post frix. The Momentum On-Ears sound never truely fit in with the advertising campaign.

It didn't stray that far from what was promised.
When Sennheiser only use catchy words or phrases like "high performance", "style" and "fashionable".

At least they didn't lie with phrases like "as the artist intended" (trololol)

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #71 of 446
  Apple already had enough money to buy out Sennheiser but they bought Beats. I fail to see any logic in what you're saying, and it suddenly hit me that you're probably a kid and I've just wasted my time replying to a kid just spending time on the internet. 

cb3723 is more than just a kid. Check out his headphone inventory. They don't all fit into one screenshot. I for one have heard way less gear than he has.

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #72 of 446
It didn't stray that far from what was promised.
When Sennheiser only use catchy words or phrases like "high performance", "style" and "fashionable".

At least they didn't lie with phrases like "as the artist intended" (trololol)

" the new solo2 is really excellent and they've done an outstanding job with this headphone and so, if you've seen my video in the past about the solo headphone it's time to rethink our opinion of beats because with this headphone they have just brought to the world the headphone that is most likely to be the most commonly sold headphone in the world, they've brought to that really good sound and so for the next little while beats is going to be selling really terrific sound to people and people are going to be getting their first experience with really good sound as the artist intended essentially."

"So, good job Dr Dre! You really are giving people the sound as the artist intended it, thank you very much, I really, really appreciate that.

Hope you get to hear one soon, they're only 200 bucks so, pffth, maybe you should just run out and buy one and see for yourself.

Alright, we'll see you guys next time."

Tyll Hertsens
Beats solo2 YouTube review
15th August 2014

Full YT video and transcript found below:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/730815/beats-solo-2-is-the-head-fi-community-willing-to-give-these-a-fair-chance/45#post_10808198

I genuinely hope that the Sennheiser urbanite is a headphone that gets equal if not more praise than the solo2 as this will benefit us all and proof that good competition keeps manufacturers on their toes to keep producing better and better sounding products .

Beats haven't rested on their laurels and to their benefit and ours IMO - let's hope Sennheiser have come up with another range of outstanding headphone we can all enjoy :)

And who knows - the urbanite may well end up as a innerfidelity Wall of Fame headphone?

Now that would be very cool :cool:

Sep 5, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #73 of 446
Hope you get to hear one soon, they're only 200 bucks so, pffth, maybe you should just run out and buy one and see for yourself.

Nah, I'll just stick with my brown British Lambskin and brushed stainless steel thanks. (Momentum forever woo!)
I have a frivolous reputation to uphold don'cha'know.

(but I do actually want to try these out at some point... I hope they're better than the horrible stuff Monster produced when they went their separate ways)

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #74 of 446
Nah, I'll just stick with my brown British Lambskin and brushed stainless steel thanks. (Momentum forever woo!)
I have a frivolous reputation to uphold don'cha'know.

(but I do actually want to try these out at some point... I hope they're better than the horrible stuff Monster produced when they went their separate ways)

Yeah, the Momentum use some very nice materials for sure - Ive the over ear David Bowie Ltd Edition model - it's just got orange stitching and orange colour material inside the earcups but comes with an amazing and huge David Bowie book which is largely photos of his different styles of fashion through beginning of his career onwards.

It's a good deal as these ltd editions cost same as standards and though I'm not a big David Bowie fan in particular, did appreciate the accompanying book, though I gave it to my parents as they dig him way more than me.

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1100075/a/874680/sennheiser-momentum-limited-edition-david-bowie-edition-feat-orange-stitching-and-colour-ear-padding-also-comes-supplied-with-exclusive-david-bowie-illustrated-book/

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1100088/a/874680/sennheiser-momentum-limited-edition-david-bowie-edition-feat-orange-stitching-and-colour-ear-padding/

But the Momentums sound great too and Sennheiser make some amazing cans so I've high hopes for their urbanite range and very intrigued to just how much bass they are looking to push into - it's pretty unique for a manufacturer like Sennheiser to openly admit to a certain extent that they are pursuing a bass orientated mainstream market, which in itself is so ironic when you consider beats have pulled back on their bass with the solo2 (to their benefit of course), but how strange it will be if the urbanite is more bassy than a beats headphone, and specifically the one it's competing against - the solo2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back