Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones
Sep 5, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #91 of 446
I don't find that much similarities between these and any Beats. I don't even know why people talks about that. I must say I admire Sennheiser, going with something new, instead of just copying what others do. I admit though, that these are not the best looking headphones around. But with this look, they really NEED to sound good.

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #92 of 446
I don't find that much similarities between these and any Beats. I don't even know why people talks about that. I must say I admire Sennheiser, going with something new, instead of just copying what others do. I admit though, that these are not the best looking headphones around. But with this look, they really NEED to sound good.

I think the similarities to beats are from Sennheiser's marketing spiel on describing how these are a bass orientated headphone (see OP) and their use of funky beatsesque colours used.

Make no mistake - this is Sennheiser's reaction to the beats solo2 and beats dominating the market in general :wink:

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:21 PM Post #93 of 446
I think the similarities to beats are from Sennheiser's marketing spiel on describing how these are a bass orientated headphone (see OP) and their use of funky beatsesque colours used.

Make no mistake - this is Sennheiser's reaction to the beats solo2 and beats dominating the market in general
wink.gif

Well… bass is driven a big bunch of headphones makers, so are they all Beats copyists? I have a Kef that has a rather big amount of bass, but they aren't like Beats anyhow.

I'm pretty sure headphones will forever have two earcups attached to a headband, it's a fact that some will always resemble others in a certain way.

Let's at least give Sennheiser Kudos for trying!

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #94 of 446
Well… bass is driven a big bunch of headphones makers, so are they all Beats copyists? I have a Kef that has a rather big amount of bass, but they aren't like Beats anyhow.

I'm pretty sure headphones will forever have two earcups attached to a headband, it's a fact that some will always resemble others in a certain way.

Let's at least give Sennheiser Kudos for trying!

You've the KEF m500's?

I've some KEF speakers 7.1 and they are nuts :beerchug:

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #97 of 446
You've the KEF m500's? Yep!

I've some KEF speakers 7.1 and they are nuts
beerchug.gif

Not bad at all. But you may want to try before your buy. Sometimes they shout loud a sinful mix of instruments in your head, instead of separate instruments, and they become fatiguing. But with good recordings, that's a treat!

Sorry for my English, is your "nuts" positive or negative? I think it can be both...
I know whathifi praises almost any KEF products, so it must be positive I guess.

Sep 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #98 of 446
Why are we all making assumptions? :frowning2:
dont know why people are prematurely judging the sound... They need to learn the magic of friendship and stop hating. :wink:

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #101 of 446
Not bad at all. But you may want to try before your buy. Sometimes they shout loud a sinful mix of instruments in your head, instead of separate instruments, and they become fatiguing. But with good recordings, that's a treat!

Sorry for my English, is your "nuts" positive or negative? I think it can be both...
I know whathifi praises almost any KEF products, so it must be positive I guess.

Thanks for the heads-up on the KEF M500's.

Nuts = very, very good :beerchug:

To quote mah boi Kanye "Every superhero needs his theme music" :wink:

I'm not sure what I'm implying though... Urbanites confirmed superhero?

Definitely maybe, but you're right in thinkin some bro's here are getting full on rustled over the Urb's already :)

dont know why people are prematurely judging the sound... They need to learn the magic of friendship and stop hating. :wink:

Bro...that was beautiful...it's like you read my mind then threw it on the internets..

Are U psychic or something?

Don't hold out on me now bro :basshead:

ps did you return my brofist earlier? I deffo didn't feel the return vibe :confused:
"don't get rustled, get urbanite" or "do U even urbanite Bro?"

Either one of the above could be Sennheiser's new logo - I'd let them use them too :cool:
:D

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #102 of 446
The red-blue-white version is absolutely horrific, but take a look at the "sand" model. Not so bad then.

But I suspect the comfort would be an issue. Does someone knows where the head padding is on this set?

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #103 of 446
The red-blue-white version is absolutely horrific, but take a look at the "sand" model. Not so bad then.

But I suspect the comfort would be an issue. Does someone knows where the head padding is on this set?

To be fair, they look pretty light. And they could have thin but perfectly adequate yet still microscopic padding, like the JVC HA-S600.

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #104 of 446

Going off the video reviews it's the same material as used on beats cans - copy much - lol :D

Think earpads are velour or alcantara, the latter as used on Momentum on ears headphones, which I would imagine would reduce bass impact :confused:

Does anyone know if the earcups are plastic or metal?

*I'm starting to feel rustled.. :eek: :D *

Sep 5, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #105 of 446
To be fair, they look pretty light. And they could have thin but perfectly adequate yet still microscopic padding, like the JVC HA-S600.

"Constructed using premium extra rugged parts like stainless steel hinges and aluminum sliders for reliability and durability" doesn't seem too light to my ears. Will have to try. Maybe the white inner lining is some kind of memory foam...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back