Post your unpopular opinions!
Feb 26, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #121 of 177
Still not really getting this one. High end vintage stuff is well respected and not expensive in the least (unless you're getting something ridiculous like a Technics full rack).

There's a certain blind stupidity when it comes to some people that price = performance, but especially in the Head-fi community there aren't many that don't scrutinize products price/performance ratio.

Quote:
High-End is a childishly simpleton dogma that more money and pretty products sound better.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #122 of 177
Headphones, and especially IEMs have reached a level of maturity where the only audible difference between most >$20 sets is the frequency response, which can be equalized with parametric EQ.

Ditto for most DACs and amps, unless the noise floor is audible and / or they don't drive the headphones loud enough.

Cables don't do squat.

The secret to the superiority of vinyl albums lies in the fact that they're not compressed to death like most digital recordings.

Tube warmth is 2nd order harmonic distortion that can now be completely done in software.

A healthy dose of digital signal processing (parametric EQ, de-essing "poor quality" recordings, HRTF processing to improve spatialization) can do more for the sound quality than $10000 on equipment.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #123 of 177
Opera represents a complete lack of taste (not a lack of ability, dedication, training, or musicianship, mind you, but taste). It's seen as such a first-class pastime to go to an opera, when in reality it's simply jarring.

This is coming from a classical music listener, a musician, and a singer trained both classically and self-styled in more popular tones.

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #124 of 177
Rush Limbaugh apologizes to Sandra Fluke and to all women everywhere.

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with a small penis.

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #125 of 177
Quote:
Opera represents a complete lack of taste (not a lack of ability, dedication, training, or musicianship, mind you, but taste). It's seen as such a first-class pastime to go to an opera, when in reality it's simply jarring.

This is coming from a classical music listener, a musician, and a singer trained both classically and self-styled in more popular tones.

Opera is most appropriate for sleep induction. Pricey, but effective! I remember watching Aida at the Arena of Verona (Italy),  fell asleep at least 4 times.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #127 of 177
Quote:
Opera is most appropriate for sleep induction. Pricey, but effective! I remember watching Aida at the Arena of Verona (Italy),  fell asleep at least 4 times.

Truth be told I love Opera most , "When the Fat Lady sings" , though in fact I listen to it all the time . 

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #128 of 177
Headphones, and especially IEMs have reached a level of maturity where the only audible difference between most >$20 sets is the frequency response, which can be equalized with parametric EQ.

Ditto for most DACs and amps, unless the noise floor is audible and / or they don't drive the headphones loud enough.

Cables don't do squat.

The secret to the superiority of vinyl albums lies in the fact that they're not compressed to death like most digital recordings.

Tube warmth is 2nd order harmonic distortion that can now be completely done in software.

A healthy dose of digital signal processing (parametric EQ, de-essing "poor quality" recordings, HRTF processing to improve spatialization) can do more for the sound quality than $10000 on equipment.

I think I'm in love

Feb 26, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #129 of 177
Quote:

Believe it or not, objective studies show that the length is not a deciding factor in the performance of the tool, where as the circumference and stamina of the user is far more correlated with the quality of the job.

Only One head Fi, can we manage to measure Audio and sex with the same terms 

Here's one

Fattened Duck liver is disgusting [Fioe Gras] 

Feb 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #132 of 177
I don;t see it at all as an either or , proposition  -
Quote:
Most delicacies are.

Sadly no matter how much you spend on audio equipment, it will never be as satisfying as a roll in the hay

We should caution Head-Fiers here of combining the two may lead to unintended [size=small] auto erotic [/size][size=small]asphyxiation especially while both partners are listening to Barry White as in one little known case .[/size]

[size=small]Speakers do have their advantages ! [/size]

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #133 of 177
Just when I thought there was one forum in the entire internet world without sex talk...

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #134 of 177
Sadly no matter how much you spend on audio equipment, it will never be as satisfying as a roll in the hay

So true.
So very true.
So very, very true!

When I am on my death bed I do not think I will be thinking about all the headphones I didn't try out! But I will be thinking that I didn't get as much as Frank Sinatra!

Believe it or not, objective studies show that the length is not a deciding factor in the performance of the tool, where as the circumference and stamina of the user is far more correlated with the quality of the job.

More Objective measurements! LOL!:D

Feb 26, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #135 of 177
Quote:
Just when I thought there was one forum in the entire internet world without sex talk...

Oh please,

Here you go: http://www.vatican.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back