Post your unpopular opinions!
Feb 26, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #136 of 177
I apologize the site, http://www.vatican.com/ has suspended all posting forums (I wonder why?), reading:   Pope Benedict XVI Says He Will Resign on February 28th 

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #138 of 177
I've had the Sennheiser Momentum and I say they are only marginally better than the QC15s and they don't isolate too well, either.

Feb 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #139 of 177
Ah, yes! The ultimate unpopular opinion when comparing us to the rest of the world: "I think paying $1000 dollars or more for headphones is justifiable"

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #140 of 177
I ain't buying it -

space.gif
Visit Vatican
space.gif
Cheap Vatican Tours
space.gif
Hotels Near Vatican
space.gif
Vatican Tours
space.gif
Vatican Sistine Chapel
space.gif
Bible Sermons
space.gif
Catholic Books
space.gif
Vatican Museum Tickets
space.gif
Vatican Private Tours
space.gif
Vatican Guided Tours
space.gif
Vatican Museum Vouchers
space.gif
Catholic Gifts

- Rather buy $1,000 headphones ;') 

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #142 of 177
Quote:
no no, that web site is all about Sodomy...

No it isn't .

They are all celibent and just say no and such, and are quite authoritarian allowing folks to not even talk about sex stuffs.

I guess that's why the posting forums are deleted from the site ...

it's all about selling stuff and making the moneys as money-changers again. Pay attention ! 

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #143 of 177
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #144 of 177
ss rocks64 commented he finds this a "Dirty Song" , when I posted it last -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIF4_Sm-rgQ

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #145 of 177
Quote:
Tube warmth is 2nd order harmonic distortion that can now be completely done in software.

• Not all tube gear sounds warm or exhibits this so called massive 2nd order harmonic distortion. Do you have any measurements? What level of 2nd harmonic distortion we are speaking about? 0.1%? 1%? 8%. And at what frequency ranges does this distortion tend to manifest?
  • Some tube gear does sound warm and mushy. This is probably intentional 2nd order harmonic distortion on the part of the designer, or bad execution. Personally, I'm not a fan of such gear.
  • Tubes in push pull actually have less second order harmonics relative to odd harmonics.
  • Class A tubes do have "more" second order relative to 3rd or odd order harmonics. What's just as true is if you flip the argument: Class A tube amps tend to have less odd order harmonics.
  • What really matters is if distortion is low enough. That is the if amp was properly designed, the level of distortion should be a magnitude (10x - for you guys still in high school) or more lower than the inherent distortion of any transducer. Let's say I've measured a few tube amps to know this.
  • I've tried the tube software. It sounds horrible. And so do some tube amps. But some tube amps sound good too.
  • BTW, most of the stuff recorded before the mid eighties was recorded, mixed, and mastered using tube gear. None of the old Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Led Zeppelin, Cat Stevens, or even Journey sounded particularly warm or distorted to me.
  • My opinions (many of them based on fact and measurements) tend to be unpopular with people who cannot afford properly designed tube gear which exhibits sufficiently low distortion. Although it should be noted that a lot of expensive tube gear does sound tooby. But again, I hate that kind of toob sound.

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM Post #147 of 177
Quote:
EQ is pointless if you can just throw money at the problem.

Oh god, that reminds me of a time I got into an argument with someone here on Head-fi over what to do when your velour ear pads are dirty. My stance was "wash them", his stance was "washing them is a waste of time, buy news ones."

ಠ_ಠ

Feb 27, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #148 of 177
Quote:
EQ is pointless if you can just throw money at the problem.

LOL!

I have had people throw a ton of money at me to properly EQ The Beatles. Money talks...but it can hardly hear.

EQ is hardly pointless...especially in the world of today which is filled with compressors, limiters, bad multi-miking techniques, stupid engineers and producers and even the ignorant end-users...some who feel EQ is pointless! Imagine that!!!

Just to compare:

Horrible Multi-Mic'ing technique to make craptastic mastering (Red Hot Chili Pepper Session):

Classic Audiophile title...Take Five...using only 1 (ONE!) mic, properly placed...for the drums...4 mics total:

Feb 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #149 of 177
Quote:

Oh god, that reminds me of a time I got into an argument with someone here on Head-fi over what to do when your velour ear pads are dirty. My stance was "wash them", his stance was "washing them is a waste of time, buy news ones."

ಠ_ಠ

I was in that thread. I was along the lines of wash them until they start getting threadbare and the inside foam isn't padding properly, then get new ones.

Feb 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #150 of 177
Quote:
[size=13.333333015441895px] Not a fan into the heard! ^_____^ , eh ...[/size]

[size=13.333333015441895px]Lookit, refill your cereal bowl and give it a fair shot, this time without premeditated distain , and I'll bet you will not be puking but posting away with the heard in their own special thread here in no time ;') [/size]

[size=13.333333015441895px]Perhaps try a sing along which is popular and fun ;')[/size]

No just no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back