Post your unpopular opinions!
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #166 of 177
Quote:
AKG suck as much as Sennheiser and Beyer. 

Agreed. I do not like AKG
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #169 of 177
Here's a controversial one. The majority of the American public would benefit from hugely increased firearms regulation.
evil_smiley.gif

I've never seen a real gun o.O not even a police officer's.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #172 of 177
Quote:
Some people's blind-following of "objectivity" is more religious than scientific.

Also I like Mel:

By definition, 
[size=small]
1. existing independently of perception or an individual's conceptions (you think your new cable sounds better)
2. undistorted by emotion or personal bias (your new cable is expensive and spurs emotions or everyone likes cables by xxx so they must be good)
3. of or relating to actual and external phenomena as opposed to thoughts, feelings, etc

Think, evolution as objectivity and creationism as subjectivity. Religiously following facts and hard measurements isn't a religion. It's called science.
[/size]

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #173 of 177
Quote:

By definition, 
[size=small]
1. existing independently of perception or an individual's conceptions (you think your new cable sounds better)
2. undistorted by emotion or personal bias (your new cable is expensive and spurs emotions or everyone likes cables by xxx so they must be good)
3. of or relating to actual and external phenomena as opposed to thoughts, feelings, etc

Think, evolution as objectivity and creationism as subjectivity. Religiously following facts and hard measurements isn't a religion. It's called science.
[/size]

It's not proper science unless you smash it together in a giant tunnel at .9999c.

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM Post #174 of 177
Here's a controversial one. The majority of the American public would benefit from hugely increased firearms regulation.
evil_smiley.gif

To quote the great Chris Rock: which America?

And I like my QC15 for listening in a quiet room. I consider the ANC part of their overall sound sig - they're certainly a unique listening experience. :xf_eek:

And for the hat-trick:

It'd be nice to see "controversial" applied to more than the "big three" that the Western media love to get everyone foamed up about, especially considering how narrow the overall impact of those issues tends to be, and how petty/unimportant they are from a functional or general perspective (ESPECIALLY relative to their representation in media). Very much a dog and pony show.

No.

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #175 of 177
I'd like to add to the already-mentioned fact that AKG generally has nothing on its competitors. I simply cannot figure out what people are on about when they show passion for that brand or its products. Even the K3003, while well-made and great-sounding, won't win and value-for-money contests, and the legendary K240 line sounds completely unremarkable.

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #177 of 177
It's the same as anyone discussing wine...

Also, he's talking about piss, not beer. There are many people that are into fine beer. 

Me, I'm not a fan at any level.

Quote:

I find it odd that a potent drug - beer - can be openly promoted in its own appreciation thread on here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back