Post your EQ settings for your headphones
May 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 107

DNZGamer

100+ Head-Fier
Gonna try to turn this topic into a glossary of EQ settings. Please post in this format:

Hopefully this will help a lot of us audiophiles who are struggling (or just lazy) with EQ tweaks. Bass Boost and Neutral EQs would probably be in top demand but that is just my opinion :D

Maybe some posters can make EQ requests for the veteran equalizers here to answer.

Great posts so far, keep them coming please!

May 10, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 107
A few of mine:

Panasonic HTF600

Sony XB500

V-Moda Crossfade LP2

Audio Technica ATH-CKS77 (IEMs)

Denon DN-HP700

M-Audio Q40 (none really if using WASAPI mode it outweighs the small EQ tweaks + DS output, otherwise possibly)

Goal of EQ? To balance out the frequency response from dips/peaks

May 11, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #6 of 107
Quote:

Do you thimk those settings could be good for D7000 with ASIO ? can you by any chance upload as file to try

Unfortunately, I do not have permissions to attach files.

However, I just followed the tweaking done in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/522499/d2000-equalization-thread

For the D7000, you may have to change the bass equalization a little, since it already has a tighter bass.

For the D2000, I find the equalization settings excellent.

May 11, 2012 at 5:07 AM Post #7 of 107
this thread is a good idea, DNZGamer you should create a table on the initial post with links to all the posts for all the different headphones settings.

May 11, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #9 of 107
Will constantly update the original post to make it easy to find your headphones, the program and/or the type of EQ for those searching. Hope we get a good glossary of EQ settings!

Personally really would love to see some Grado EQs and the V-Moda m80. I would love to bass boost both of these, the RS1 for more bass in general and the m80 for maximum impact/thud (I want to feel the pounding).

Also if someone can make my UM3x sound more fun, that would be great!

May 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 107
Yes, looks much better :p uncluttered, easy scanability and to the point, now if only everything was like this.... well then I would be out of a job lol

Jun 22, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #12 of 107
Here is my AD700 EQ settings using my Audigy 2ZS with KX drivers EQ.  Using this the bass extend mostly flat down to 50hz before it starts to rolloff.  This turns it into a much more balanced headphone and sounds alot better this way for all genres of music and gaming/movies.  Stock sound is very thin and bright sounding as well as uninvolving due to lack of bass response and extension entire bass lines are lost complety or greatly reduced in volume its just lacking here.  In order to avoid clipping I lowered the master gain down 12db in the eq.  How good this will sound depends on the quality of your equalizer If your using something like foobars stock equalizer or realtek equalizer it won't sound as good. Still not a bass head headphone by any means but I like it alot more this way still the most comfortable pair of headphones with the largest soundstage and most open sound out of all the headphones I've used only further enhanced by the rpg wizards dolby headphone I used for listening in foobar.

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #13 of 107
Quote:
Here is my AD700 EQ settings using my Audigy 2ZS with KX drivers EQ.  Using this the bass extend mostly flat down to 50hz before it starts to rolloff.  This turns it into a much more balanced headphone and sounds alot better this way for all genres of music and gaming/movies.  Stock sound is very thin and bright sounding as well as uninvolving due to lack of bass response below 100hz entire bass lines are lost complety or greatly reduced in volume its just lacking here.  In order to avoid clipping I lowered the master gain down 9db in the eq and an additional 6db in foobar.  How good this will sound depends on the quality of your equalizer If your using something like foobars stock equalizer or realtek equalizer it won't sound as good.

Can't see anything...

Jun 22, 2012 at 8:58 AM Post #14 of 107
I'd like to bass boost Skullcandy Aviators. If someone could do that, I'd be the happiest man in the world. I've been wanting a reason to buy the Aviators over LP2s (for the looks, mainly), and now I will have one if someone could do this for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back