post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Jul 25, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #6,241 of 6,467
Quite a bit of new gear since I last visited you! It's all gorgeous, and I'm sure it sounds great!

Jul 25, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #6,243 of 6,467
Jul 26, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #6,244 of 6,467
As it is today.  I indeed need a bigger desk, comfy chair and all that.

Aug 3, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #6,245 of 6,467

Last bedside configuration, with a pair of DIY speakers based on the fostex Fe126En driver. Using a room equalization convolution filter calculated with DRC, they sound surprisingly good for their tiny size

Aug 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #6,247 of 6,467
Yes, however it's not a traditional reflex enclosure, rather a sort of hybrid between a transmission line and a horn design, you can find more info on the project i used here 

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hanbei/eng-angular.html

Mine are the Helix ag-180

Aug 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #6,248 of 6,467

Quote:
Yes, however it's not a traditional reflex enclosure, rather a sort of hybrid between a transmission line and a horn design, you can find more info on the project i used here 

http://www3.ocn.ne.jp/~hanbei/eng-angular.html

Mine are the Helix ag-180

Lot's of speakers!!

This must originate from Japan as I see ABC America on the TV! Oh and it's a digital broadcast to boot!

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:44 PM Post #6,250 of 6,467
So - here's my deck setup.

We stream iTunes from my lab, into the living room - where the audio passes through a DBX 3BX series III and then out to a pair of reasonably priced amps.

The nice part - we can control the music via an iPhone (remote app) and can adjust the volume / change tunes while enjoying the sun.

Nothing fancy or expensive - but it sure sounds nice outside.

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #6,252 of 6,467
Bazzman,

Nice rigs!  How do you like the Beresford compared to the DacMagic?  

Bill

Aug 4, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #6,253 of 6,467

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #6,254 of 6,467

Quote:
Bazzman,

Nice rigs!  How do you like the Beresford compared to the DacMagic?  

Bill

Hi Bill.

Thanks for the comment.

The Beresford seems to work better with the Figaro and the HD650's. The bass seems to be better controlled and punchy. I have swapped it with the Dacmagic before but I always end up putting the Beresford back as it is a more enjoyable listen.
At the end of the day they are both very good dacs but the synergy between the Beresford, Figaro and HD650's is better.

fmzip

Nice setup you have there. Liking the picture on the TV aswell. :-D 
And someone else with a Beresford too.

Bazzman.

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #6,255 of 6,467
Thanks Bazzman,

Sort of a newbie here. Seems the Stan DAC is out of favor here, not sure why, not looking to find out either :) Nice to see you have one as well!

I modded my Caiman, replaced all the caps, swapped to a Wolfson DAC, Murata regulators, Nichicon Muse caps etc.etc. The sound is really sensational.

Just purchased a Burson HA-160 to drive my first headphones, the AKG K702. Loving it but eager to improve on the lower end.

If you haven't tinkered with your DAC, I have a few Opamp boards that I modded which I am no longer using. PM if you would like to discuss it

Quote:
Hi Bill.

Thanks for the comment.

The Beresford seems to work better with the Figaro and the HD650's. The bass seems to be better controlled and punchy. I have swapped it with the Dacmagic before but I always end up putting the Beresford back as it is a more enjoyable listen.
At the end of the day they are both very good dacs but the synergy between the Beresford, Figaro and HD650's is better.

fmzip

Nice setup you have there. Liking the picture on the TV aswell. :-D 
And someone else with a Beresford too.

Bazzman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back