post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Feb 11, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #1,111 of 6,467
Here are some pics of my cozy little bedside listening station:

listening1.jpg

listening2.jpg

Feb 11, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #1,113 of 6,467
Unfortunately I have no where else to put it at the moment, when I have the funds I need to purchase a rack to move all the kit on to which will then be located elsewhere.

What sort of problems can be caused with the TT sat on to of the CD Player as I may hold off on using it until I can get a rack?

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #1,114 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dork Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What sort of problems can be caused with the TT sat on to of the CD Player as I may hold off on using it until I can get a rack?

Absolutely none that I can think of. As long as the CD player is sitting perfectly flat and it's deep enough to have all four feet of the TT sitting properly, then there's no reason why you "shouldn't" have the TT on top of it.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that there looks to be not enough room to open the dust cover high enough to put on an LP, put your hand in there to run a brush on it, or position the tone arm. (Unless you completely remove it, which you do.)

Other than that, you'r TT is fine where it's at.

Feb 11, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #1,115 of 6,467
Ah, that's good news then - Thanks Chops

All four feet are sat on the CD Player and the cover is just sat on top of the TT and removed when I use it, although I only have one LP at the moment so the usage is fairly small.

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #1,116 of 6,467
Quote:

Vibration from the CDP will have negative effect on the sound quality of your turntable!!11!11!!

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:39 PM Post #1,118 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundGoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dork, as long as you're not using them both at the same time you should be fine.

Where's your sense of humor?
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I can't see why you couldn't keep TT on CDP.

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:40 PM Post #1,119 of 6,467
They'll be used one at a time, so that's OK
smily_headphones1.gif
Only one set of ears.

Feb 11, 2007 at 3:50 PM Post #1,120 of 6,467
Quote:

Ah, that's good news then - Thanks Chops

All four feet are sat on the CD Player and the cover is just sat on top of the TT and removed when I use it, although I only have one LP at the moment so the usage is fairly small.

No problem.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #1,121 of 6,467
Quote:

I think most would disagree with Chops here. Turntables react to even the most minute amount of vibrational force, be it coming from other objects, or from the CD player itself. Regardless of the source, the CD player alone will vibrate enough to make a sonic difference on the turntable's playback. The infinite possibilities of vibrations and instability that can come from the desk, and travel up the CD player (which is absolutely no dampener whatsoever) don't help matters either.

Feb 12, 2007 at 2:34 AM Post #1,123 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think most would disagree with Chops here. Turntables react to even the most minute amount of vibrational force, be it coming from other objects, or from the CD player itself. Regardless of the source, the CD player alone will vibrate enough to make a sonic difference on the turntable's playback. The infinite possibilities of vibrations and instability that can come from the desk, and travel up the CD player (which is absolutely no dampener whatsoever) don't help matters either.

"I think most would disagree with Chops here."

Not likely.

If you look closely, the CD player and TT are NOT connected to the desk at all, but a shelf that's bolted directly to the wall. Secondly, why would someone have their CD player running if they are listening to their TT, which Dork Knight has already said he does NOT do? Lastly, the Pro-Ject Debut III has rather good damping through it's stock feet to begin with.

If there's any vibration coming through the walls to disturb the TT, then Dork needs to turn his headphones waaaaaaaaay down before he blows his ear drums.
tongue.gif

And I don't know about you, but none of my CD players vibrate at all while running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back