post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Feb 1, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #1,081 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That Emm Labs gear has halved in value since I bought it 2 springs ago. I'm not very happy about the devaluation, but it still is the best sounding source I've ever heard. The good news is, that it can be gotten for a good price now, on Audiogon.

I was fighting the inner demons to keep me from the most recent CDSD/DCC2 posted on Agon.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:44 AM Post #1,082 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T
tubeamp002.jpg

A fellow single malt lover I see! How is that Balwhinnie? I've always been meaning to try it. My favorites are Lagavulin, Talisker, and Laphroag 1/4 Cask.

Feb 1, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #1,083 of 6,467
Just finished my Cavalli-Kan Kumisa III amp. I apologize for the mess.

DSC_0825sm.jpg

DSC_0827sm.jpg

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #1,084 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A fellow single malt lover I see! How is that Balwhinnie? I've always been meaning to try it. My favorites are Lagavulin, Talisker, and Laphroag 1/4 Cask.

Not as nice as the K1000's. But close.

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #1,085 of 6,467
Temporary arrangement for my dynahi-based home rig, showing Gene's Bel Canto Dac2 (will compare it more extensively with my modded Toshiba.)

This rig will be placed eventually in my living room, on a dedicated stand that I will build, and next to a puff where I sit to enjoy the music. Ahhhhh relax...
biggrin.gif

Dynahi_temporary_location_001.jpg

Dynahi_temporary_location_002.jpg

Feb 7, 2007 at 11:45 PM Post #1,086 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Temporary arrangement for my dynahi-based home rig, showing Gene's Bel Canto Dac2 (will compare it more extensively with my modded Toshiba.)

This rig will be placed eventually in my living room, on a dedicated stand that I will build, and next to a puff where I sit to enjoy the music. Ahhhhh relax...
biggrin.gif

Dynahi_temporary_location_001.jpg

Dynahi_temporary_location_002.jpg

nice. does it look as nice even during day ;P

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #1,087 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice. does it look as nice even during day ;P

Well I guess so
tongue.gif
, it's night time here. Here's a pic with more illumination, I tend to avoid the flash when taking pics of interiors. This room has a very soft/warm main light though, and that lamp has a rather soft/warm bulb too.

Dynahi_temporary_location_003.jpg

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #1,088 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I guess so
tongue.gif
, it's night time here. Here's a pic with more illumination, I tend to avoid the flash when taking pics of interiors. This room has a very soft/warm main light though, and that lamp has a rather soft/warm bulb too.

i have the same lamp. use them as a headphone stand, just like you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #1,089 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the same lamp. use them as a headphone stand, just like you
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes it's pretty convenient, though this really is not my regular headphone stand, usually my Senns are on a banana stand or still connected but in their box. This is a guest room in my parents house, not my bedroom in the apartment where I'm living. A couple of friends are staying in that apartment for a week, so I'll spend those few days here. Couldn´t leave my headphone rig behind though
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #1,093 of 6,467
You are fortunate to work in an environment where the bleed from the K1000's doesn't affect co-workers and is allowed (unless it is a home office).
cool.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #1,095 of 6,467
Yeah it's fun, blasting away on the K's in the office while making games. I can make as much racket as I like and no-one cares. Sadly that laptop in the pic, which is my music machine, has just died on me. I think the drive is dead but I can't really test until I get it home, so now I'm feeding the amp directly from the Rio Karma. Still sounds damn good
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back