post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Aug 10, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #3,376 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, good to know. If it's good enough for your system, it's more than good enough for mine
biggrin.gif

Most probably!
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #3,377 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sweet lighting and color.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinp6301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even after 3 years, ian still gets comments about his sweet accent wall
biggrin.gif

Hahahaha! Thanks! Pretty funny considering I don't even live there any more! It was a great setup for listening, reading and relaxing, though. I don't think I have any decent pics of my setup at my new place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man that room is money. Looks so chill, and i believe i see some sexy grados resting on a headphone stand right there.

The Grados are the DIY-modded HF-1s in my sig. They've seen a number of different cups but I always go back to the first pair I did out of mahogany.

Aug 10, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #3,379 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by bperboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mrarroyo, nice MPX3! I know you were happy to finally receive it at CanJam! So, do you prefer K501 or K701?

Good to hear from you, hope you are doing well and getting ready for college. I prefer the sound of the K501 about +90% of the time over the K701. There is a sense of musicality and realism that make the K501 very appealing to me, more so after I had them re-cabled by Alex of APureSound.

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #3,381 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@dfkt

don't switch your photo around for a more arty one and think we are not going to notice. That computer screen smells of set up.

Isn't that kind of the point of this thread?
If not, I better post some "voyeur" pics of my setup
redface.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #3,382 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't that kind of the point of this thread?
If not, I better post some "voyeur" pics of my setup
redface.gif

you get away from your equipment right now you dirty dirty old man.

I am going to call the NSPCH (national society for the prevention of cruelty to headphones)

Aug 10, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #3,383 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to hear from you, hope you are doing well and getting ready for college. I prefer the sound of the K501 about +90% of the time over the K701. There is a sense of musicality and realism that make the K501 very appealing to me, more so after I had them re-cabled by Alex of APureSound.

Yes, very well! I'm definitely going to have an updated post when I get settled, with my college-fi setup! I want to dive into AKGs at somepoint, although now that i'm college-fi, who knows when that will be!
atsmile.gif

Aug 12, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #3,384 of 6,467
I have seen some updates! More to come soon with my incoming Pico!
bbb-1.jpg

THe clear copper cable hanging is my custom FreQ cable with extension. The blue cable on the right is a secondary iPod-> Locking RCA cable. The amp is my Millet Min.

bb-1.jpg

Millet Close-up + modded SE505's and recabled k400's.

a-1.jpg

Top: Audio Technica 701's from the 70's - nice soudning headphone once recabled! The Sennheisers on the bottom are my current beater phone while my FreQShow's are in Tampa getting repaired. Those HD202's have been recabled, cupped stuffed with fiberloft, and back of the drivers dampened. The stock woofiness is gone and highs are improved. I would say that these would be some of the best budget closed cans you can get, once modified. They improve much more than ksc-75's and don't have that sibilance.

IPOD DOCKS ANYONE? I did a lot of experimenting with materials and now have a full set of my favorite combo's. The best sounding one to me is something of my own creation (it is the all blue one - my favorite anywhere
biggrin.gif
). The Marantz CDP really adds a lot to the system. I have been buying a lot more CD's lately
evil_smiley.gif

b.jpg

Due to recently turning my computer into the ultimate media machine, I need to hold off on new purchases for at least a little bit.

Still, more is yet to come.

Aug 12, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #3,386 of 6,467
Germania, what are those big pioneer headphones you've got? I think I've seen some on an online auction site...

Also, updated with K270 Playbacks:

1218527479-3e555-93kb.jpg

1218527477-a386c-81kb.jpg

I think 3 will have to be my limit for headphones as that's all my stand will carry
biggrin.gif

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #3,387 of 6,467
They are heavily modified Pioneer SE-505's

I removed all of the old pots, rewired the interiors, filled in gaps or resonant corners, and cotton stuffed the cups.

Much, Much better. Plus, much lighter as well. Still, they are heafty - but very isolating.

Also, no amp shots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back