post pics of your headphone set up and listening area
Aug 28, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #3,406 of 6,467
dsc03949gy0.jpg

My dorm room....

Look at the right hand corner of the table and you'll see my Sony MDR V6's and my HiFi RT-6P13P tube amplifier!
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #3,408 of 6,467
I have my lobsters guarding it all in case of some lunk tries to run off with a pair of speakers! Hah!

On a more serious thank you very much for the comments,I've spent quite some time tuning the system and it sounds really good. Needless to say when the roommate is around the headphones go on!

Aug 28, 2008 at 5:02 AM Post #3,409 of 6,467
Wow o wow! Vintage!

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #3,410 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by 928GTS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Image of dorm-room FULL of audio gears.

Right. All that is very pretty, and I am sure it sounds simply stellar. But, your entire desk is full of audio gear. Either you are just crazy intelligent, and don't need to do any work at all, or you are being rather short sighted.

Aug 28, 2008 at 10:14 AM Post #3,411 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Right. All that is very pretty, and I am sure it sounds simply stellar. But, your entire desk is full of audio gear. Either you are just crazy intelligent, and don't need to do any work at all, or you are being rather short sighted.

Beds are for working, desks for stacking gear...I'm living proof of that principle.

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #3,412 of 6,467
Quote:

I have my laptop set up on a chair which faces my bed. I just do all my work on my bed as its a lot more comfortable than sitting on a rather unergonomic wooden chair for long periods of time.

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #3,413 of 6,467
Quote:

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3251/dsc03949gy0.jpg

My dorm room....

Look at the right hand corner of the table and you'll see my Sony MDR V6's and my HiFi RT-6P13P tube amplifier!
smily_headphones1.gif

Looks like you're in desperate need of more space.
Nice vintage gear though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #3,414 of 6,467
Quote:

I have my laptop set up on a chair which faces my bed. I just do all my work on my bed as its a lot more comfortable than sitting on a rather unergonomic wooden chair for long periods of time.

Hunched over a wooden chair, or reclining in bed? Neither seem particularly conducive to good work... I couldn't imagine being able to do almost ANY of my uni work in either of those positions.

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #3,417 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like you're in desperate need of more space.
Nice vintage gear though.
smily_headphones1.gif

You know that picture actually is a bit deceiving. I have quite a bit of space in my room and I can move about freely without any trouble. I think its just the camera angle. Thanks for the nice comments,though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Hunched over a wooden chair, or reclining in bed? Neither seem particularly conducive to good work... I couldn't imagine being able to do almost ANY of my uni work in either of those positions.

I sit on the edge of my bed and work on my laptop placed on a chair in front of me. Its quite comfortable....though I do find myself feeling very tempted to take 10 minute power naps :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why more than one set of speakers? At school last year I had two, one for nearfield and one for shaking the walls... whats your story?

I love buying old speakers and there are a lot on my local craigslist for very cheap. I can get carried away..... its okay,though,because I managed to secure good deals on these speakers so it really was a good investment. Plus I just like having a loud of air being moved about. It looks pretty cool as well. With them all going together its a real treat to listen to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceClass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is one brain shaking nearfield set-up!
smily_headphones1.gif

With some bass heavy trance mixes going I can put my cell phone on the desk and get it to rattle and dance its way around the desk! Its pretty crazy! Make no mistake,though,I've tried my best to set this up as a balanced system. It just shoves *a lot* of air.

Aug 28, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #3,418 of 6,467
Quote:

Quote:

Jeez, Dad quit hangin' out on my HP site. Rock on Dude, I think you have your priorities right in line for a college student.

Aug 28, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #3,419 of 6,467
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jeez, Dad quit hangin' out on my HP site. Rock on Dude, I think you have your priorities right in line for a college student.

Not if you're at school to learn...
j/k, kinda

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:25 AM Post #3,420 of 6,467
Quote:

You know that picture actually is a bit deceiving. I have quite a bit of space in my room and I can move about freely without any trouble. I think its just the camera angle. Thanks for the nice comments,though.
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe you.
...may be the camera angle indeed, which fool me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back