1. Marty Feldman
2. Pat Welsh
3. Peace Dollar
tongue.gif

Dec 16, 2007 at 10:18 PM Post #1,338 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I missed the first one!

If I said sorry *grins sheepishly* would you believe me?

Yeah, I probably *grins mischievously* wouldn't either...
tongue.gif
What was you guess?

BTW, Do I actually have to have possession of the Darths before the "basshead"
basshead.gif
emoticon resolves?
icon10.gif
Is there a Darth smiley add-on somewhere?

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #1,340 of 2,461
Quote:

nickknutson:
What time did you submit your answers?

Hope you are enjoying that win tonight
frown.gif
. I submitted them around 10:09 PM actually stepped away from the computer for a few minutes before I saw the link go live...

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #1,341 of 2,461
here are some pics of the deal 13 flame koa darths i bought last week...they are beautiful and i'll take some better pictures one of these days. for now, just look at the cable junction, which is my favorite piece of the headphone...

koadarth-1.jpg

koadarth-2.jpg

koadarth-3.jpg

Dec 18, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #1,343 of 2,461
Beautiful Kugino!

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:03 PM Post #1,344 of 2,461
Yup, those flame-Koas fit squarely in the top three of the std model Darths. Beautiful! Got to admit it - simply beautiful.

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #1,345 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hows the sound compared to the w5k?

i took a quick listen before leaving them plugged in to burn in...i have to admit that it was a weird sensation. the bass is really deep and the headphones are quite heavy so i had to find a good location on my head so they wouldn't slide off. anyway, they have a strange soundstage to them...sounds were coming at me from un-expected directions...the vocals i did listen to (sarah mclaghlin) sounded pretty good, though. i think burn-in will help with things...so, they sound nothing like the w5000, IMO. at least on first listen...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful Kugino!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yup, those flame-Koas fit squarely in the top three of the std model Darths. Beautiful! Got to admit it - simply beautiful.

i've seen pics of other koa darths and i have to admit that these are more beautiful than the stock koas. wow. they weren't cheap, but damn! look at them...worth every penny, IMO.

Dec 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #1,346 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i took a quick listen before leaving them plugged in to burn in...i have to admit that it was a weird sensation. the bass is really deep and the headphones are quite heavy to i to find a good location on my head so they wouldn't slide off. anyway, they have a strange soundstage to them...sounds were coming at me from un-expected directions...the vocals i did listen to (sarah mclaghlin) sounded pretty good, though. i think burn-in will help with things...so, they sound nothing like the w5000, IMO. at least on first listen...

i've seen pics of other koa darths and i have to admit that these are more beautiful than the stock koas. wow. they weren't cheap, but damn! look at them...worth every penny, IMO.

is that a good thing or bad?

Dec 18, 2007 at 10:42 PM Post #1,347 of 2,461
Quote:

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #1,348 of 2,461
@kugino, awesome. Those look soo cool!
Like the others have been asking about the sound, is that a good thing or a bad thing?
wink.gif

I hope my Darths arrive today...
smily_headphones1.gif

Tomorrow is a public holiday in my country, if they don't get here today, I'll only probably get them on Friday.
frown.gif

My whole life has been put on hold, I'm eagerly waiting for my Flame Maple V3 Darths to arrive.
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #1,349 of 2,461
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha, I was thinking the same thing!

depends on your preference, i guess. if you like the w5000 sound and think these are how headphones ought to sound, then the darths might not be for you. but if you don't like the w5000 sound and want more bass, for example, then not sounding like the w5000 would be a good thing...right?
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #1,350 of 2,461
Well, these Bloodwood 2m BlackMax Darth Beyer v3 are "growing on me". Literally, I can't get them off!

Naw. Just kidding.

However, I have been listening to them all last night and much of today. I am using my Macbook core 2 duo as transport most of the time, into my Headstage Lyrix USB DAC AMP. The Macbook is helpful because I find I really need to use the iTunes EQ to make the headphones disappear and only leave the music.

If I at least cut the 64Hz band by 2-3 db, and the 125Hz band by about 3-4 db they sound much much better. But many times the mids are still a little sucked out so I like to add about 2-3 db in the 250-500Hz band, but I think that is personal preference rather than trying to remove an un-natural coloration.

Right now I have the 64Hz band cut by 3db, 125Hz cut by 4.5db, then 250Hz is boosted by 1.5db and 500Hz is boosted by 3db - this way they sound good with almost everything, jazz, classical, rock, new age, hip hop. Some male vocals force me to remove the boost in the mids however, like Jack Johnson.

Now - ALL of my classic rock demands letting the DB do what they do best. Led Zepellin Mothership DOES sound perfect with NO EQ and actually thrives that way, as does Linkin Park Meteora, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Boston, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Fleetwood Mac, Heart, Molly Hatchet, Rolling Stones, The Eagles. There is something about the DB that my other headphones can't do for this music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back