POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Dec 15, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #1,292 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Territhemayor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my two stands are coming plus 2 pairs of c pads and a blackgold interconnect. I'll post pics of the deeps with the stands.

crap. looks like i'll be ordering a matching stand for my flame koa darths...it never ends, does it?

Dec 15, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #1,293 of 2,461
Here are the pics I promised of my new Darth Beyer:

It was tough to get the pictures right especially with the Gaboon Ebony (in reality the black is pitch black while on the pics it seems a bit lighter due to reflection of light). Have been burning them in for about 80 hours now, so I'm almost there
smily_headphones1.gif
. Must say they already sound extremely well, and although I knew they were bass-heavy, there are really BASS-HEAVY
eek.gif
, really have to turn the bass down with some music on my receiver (or will just have get used to it).

And yes, I want a stand too!! But first I have to wake up early tomorrow morning to try and get the contest headphone, which looks really nice now that is it finished!!

Dec 15, 2007 at 1:54 PM Post #1,294 of 2,461
Congrats Dazed & Confused!

About the bass, it should settle down a little after about 120 hours burn in, but there will still be lots of it. But after listening for a while, you may find that you don't know how you ever lived without the bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #1,295 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused /img/forum/go_quote.gif
although I knew they were bass-heavy, there are really BASS-HEAVY
eek.gif

Haha, eek is right.
Hey, try this little thing I've noticed.
Play music through them and put them on your head. Now, with your two fingers, plug up the large holes on the top of the plastic enclosure. Note the change in sound. Like it? If so, you can plug them up with something like adhesive putty.

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #1,296 of 2,461
I myself got shock when listening for the first time, but after 200 hour or so the sound gets more balanced, but they still put more emphasize on the bass, but it fits the overall sound picture. It's an acquired taste.

Dec 15, 2007 at 4:39 PM Post #1,297 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And yes, I want a stand too!! But first I have to wake up early tomorrow morning to try and get the contest headphone, which looks really nice now that is it finished!!

I remember seeing those on the deal page, they look amazingly good. I wish Larry offered the small vent as a normal option as it seems like a nice compromise for those who like lots of bass but need to be hearing what's going on around them. That and it looks so cool
cool.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 5:29 PM Post #1,298 of 2,461
yeah about the heavy bass, I didn't want to say anything but my korinas (on the archive page) sound SO DIFFERENT than both my deeps, even with the same cable. Maybe it's burn in? They used mostly for spoken word for now, but the sound is so saturated, I'm going to burn them in for the next few days, but it's weird. Maybe my deeps are really tamed, but both of them have that same tamed sound, so maybe the korinas are really saturated. anyways after a burn in we'll see how they sound.

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:28 PM Post #1,300 of 2,461
Territhemayor is right. The Deep Cup Darths are much more balanced, with notably less upper bass than the regular Darths, and slightly more deep bass. That's why I prefer the deep-cup ones (and they are now the only kind of Darths I have).

Dec 15, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #1,301 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.......That and it looks so cool
cool.gif

I agree on that one!!
cool.gif

@Towert7: I already notice a substantial difference if I close the two small "vents" on the cups, I can imagine that you get the same result with the two holes you are referring to, I'll definitely give it a try if I still think there's too much bass after the burn in process is over. I thought around 100 hours would do the trick, but I see that opinions differ and even go up to 200 hours, so I just have to be patient a little bit more.

Dec 15, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #1,302 of 2,461
you want to do 125 hours! .........the only Beyer burn-in surprise I had was with dt880/600. I assumed 150-175, but I was wrong. They need to go longer IMO, for perfection (and of course, better yet - a tube amp rather than SS).

Dec 15, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #1,304 of 2,461
The Korinas are regular Darths? No, those will never sound like the deep-cup ones. They will sound good IMO, but not as good as deep-cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back