POST PICS OF YOUR DARTH BEYERS
Dec 13, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #1,276 of 2,461
u're biased Fungi, that doesnt count ! =)

ill post my zebras later this afternoon and lets compare which one has tighter grains =)

Dec 13, 2007 at 9:22 PM Post #1,277 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
u're biased Fungi, that doesnt count ! =)

ill post my zebras later this afternoon and lets compare which one has tighter grains =)

You're on! : p

Dec 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM Post #1,279 of 2,461
My Meier Arietta just arrived, thanks to mrwinick, and after listening to it now for maybe 10 minutes - I'm completely blown away. Seriously, holy crap! Everything I didn't like about the Darths on the Xenos, and there wasn't much, has been obliterated, and there's a whole new life to the music - with this combo I'm rediscovering my collection like never before. And the Meier Crossfeed - I'm a fan. Don't think I'll ever be able to move off the Meier line.

Thanks Head-Fi!

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #1,280 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phraxos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Meier Arietta just arrived, thanks to mrwinick, and after listening to it now for maybe 10 minutes - I'm completely blown away. Seriously, holy crap! Everything I didn't like about the Darths on the Xenos, and there wasn't much, has been obliterated, and there's a whole new life to the music - with this combo I'm rediscovering my collection like never before. And the Meier Crossfeed - I'm a fan. Don't think I'll ever be able to move off the Meier line.

Thanks Head-Fi!

Should be interesting to see what you think in a few weeks.

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #1,281 of 2,461
my flame koa darths arrived today, too!!

but alas, i am away until monday so can't post pix or impressions until then...
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #1,282 of 2,461
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol....whats your source btw? i mean Phraxos. TowerT is using the Paradisea =)

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #1,283 of 2,461
Quote:

lol....whats your source btw? i mean Phraxos. TowerT is using the Paradisea =)

You're all going to wince, but... a Macbook. Yeah.

So I'm planning to get an EMU 0404 USB, or something else in the $150 price range. Seems like the 0404 is best value though.

Dec 14, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #1,284 of 2,461
Quote:

How do you mean?

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #1,285 of 2,461
Quote:

How do you mean?

upgraditis

Dec 14, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #1,286 of 2,461
Quote:

upgraditis

Ah yes, ofcourse. I'm afraid the bug will bite me eventually, but I'm practically broke... must... resist...

Soon I'm planning to buy some cans in Japan to sell/trade here though (ESW9, A900Ti, CD3000 if I can find one) so hopefully I can recoup enough to upgrade my source.

Is the 0404 USB the best choice for my budget?

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:05 AM Post #1,287 of 2,461
Quote:

How do you mean?

It takes some people roughly 2 weeks to come to grips with the short comings of their phones. Though, if this is your best headphone to date, the short comings may be hard to spot at first.

I know personally my opinions can change within the first few weeks.

Dec 15, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #1,288 of 2,461
Quote:

It takes some people roughly 2 weeks to come to grips with the short comings of their phones. Though, if this is your best headphone to date, the short comings may be hard to spot at first.

I know personally my opinions can change within the first few weeks.

It's likely; that's been my experience with every other can. However each of those made certain genres really come to life while butchering others, prompting me to upgrade (or lateral-grade) - the Darths + Arietta satisfy me on practically every genre, and butchers none. As such, I expect any upgrade will be in source and amp.

That said... I am considering a pair of DT-880s on the side, solely for my favorite single piece of music, Peter Epstein's "Centrifugal Force," (which the Darths do okay, but not great) and maybe also for female vocals. In that respect a DV Figaro may be nice too.... Hmmm... =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back