Post pics of your builds....
Jan 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #8,492 of 9,811

Quote:
^^ very cool panel

Thanks!

Quote:
Incredible looking build, CFlux!
Especially the wiring. I was proud for using wires of different colors salvaged from an old PSU of a broken computer. I even went as far as braiding them and using heat shrinks.
You wiring is on a whole other level, on the other hand.
Front panel looks awesome too. Although I don't really like the look of the switch on the back.

Ya I don't like the switch that much either, I was having trouble finding a 4pdt switch that I liked, so I just got something simple. I figure its on the back so I didn't worry too much.

Thanks for the feedback!

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #8,494 of 9,811
Wow I like that color combo and style!

-M

Feb 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #8,496 of 9,811
Nice!  The stylings definitely fit the name
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #8,499 of 9,811

Quote:
Well then is balanced really that much of an improvement (I have no plans of going balanced though)

Read AMB's reply here, he makes an excellent case for maintaining a balanced chain all the way through, if possible

http://www.amb.org/forum/benchmark-engineer-on-balanced-v-unbalanced-headphone-amps-t326.html

Feb 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #8,501 of 9,811

Quote:
A little bit more modest than the build shown above, here's my home-made acoustic simulator :

Nice! How does it sound? I read the project's page long time ago and thought about making one but never got around working on it.

Feb 5, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #8,502 of 9,811
Quote:
Nice! How does it sound? I read the project's page long time ago and thought about making one but never got around working on it.

I tried it last night on only one song from the album "Inhuman Rampage" by Dragonforce. I had the feeling that the singer was two or three meters farther from me that he used to. I didn't noticed any change on the instruments, but I didn't listened carefully.
I'll test it again tonight, I'll send you my feelings.

***​

All of my builds : stand, cables, CMoy amp and CMoy acoustic simulator :

Feb 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #8,503 of 9,811
I don't really post much on head-fi, but I thought I would share my first build(s).

M Cubed:

grubDAC:

I'm loving the pairing of the M cubed with my HD580s. Thanks for the great work AMB. I've also been pretty impressed with the grubDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back