Post pics of your builds....
Apr 16, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #7,891 of 9,811
Quote:
And, yet another Bijou came to life!

The whole rack:
 - Bijou
 - GainClone /LM3886/
 - DAC with SAA7220/TDA1541 - under heavy tweaking right now.

Very clean build ! Compact too. 
regular_smile%20.gif

You have no heat dissipation troubles with the heatsinks under the PSU pcb ?

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #7,892 of 9,811
Hello friend, which case do you use for that build?

Quote:
And here is another Beta22.... my very first build and first DIY experience.
I took my time and everything went ok. Now I have some fine tuning left to do, minor hiss to get rid of. I had also some pops and clicks like an old vynil but I don't know why, it's gone... Usually it's cold joint. I'll relfux everyhting one of these days but for now, I'm enjoying it. Thanks AMB and the whole community who gave me support along what was a crazy challenge, starting DIY with the B22.

Apr 16, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #7,893 of 9,811

Quote:
So incredibly understated and elegant, very much to my tastes. I love it! 
smily_headphones1.gif

There is reason for such ascetical design :) I have'nt found any push buttons that could pair with my cases - so - no buttons. Power switches on the back are fine too.
The TRS jack socket looks ugly imho, i have already ordered a proper one from Neutrik (with metallic hex nut and black plastic insulator).

I'll make the GainClone amp understand Apple remote's commands - gonna be sexy combo :)

Quote:
Very clean build ! Compact too. 
regular_smile%20.gif

You have no heat dissipation troubles with the heatsinks under the PSU pcb ?

I haven't yet gave him a prolonged run to find it out, nor want to touch him (high voltage) - i plan to do lots of holes in the bottom cover for proper ventilation.

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:13 PM Post #7,899 of 9,811
Wonderfull, very clean, congratulations rjm003
At lunchtime, I made this wonderful service! I was widening a hole in the back of a Hammond box for my A47. The piece got caught in the tip of the drill, started to spin and cut me with two fingers,I had to receive medical treatment.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #7,903 of 9,811
Hi guys,I've just finished that little amp for my brother.It's similar to the AMB Mini3,except discrete-build virtual ground with BJTs.It sounds great,I've expected much worse from LM4562 on low-impedance headphone.Not even a hint of hiss or hum.The difference with my desktop amp isn't huge,I've got to build something serious now.Lazy me:rolleyes:
Pics!!!

Yeah,it's ugly,but my bro doesn't care.Neither me:D
Wallet also happy,~15$ everything :)

P.S. LOL it's 3am what I'm doing,building amps,that's sick

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #7,904 of 9,811
wowowowowowowo 15$ for a on the go amp. Sign me up.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #7,905 of 9,811

Quote:
RJM, wat kind of switch is that?  very clean looking build.  might scoop some boards.. any measurements by chance?

The power switch came with the hlly audio prefab case. I had nothing worse than a some 4mm holes to drill, therefore avoiding any chance of ending up like poor RuiCanela!

I did some quick and dirty measurements to confirm that the circuit was operating as expected. DC offset is <10 mV, bass cutoff 3 dB about 3 Hz, and the output noise floor is clean of hum and ripple or any hf hash. 10 kHz square wave was clean, no overshoot. I also confirmed THD ~.01% for 1 kHz 60 mW into 15 ohms, unfortunately I cannot reliably measure THD below .001% so distortion at "normal" output conditions (class A operation) are simply too low to measure.

All the harmonics at -90 dB or so 2 khz and above are artifacts from by the digitally synthesized input sine wave, not the amplifier. Therefore the true distortion of the amplifier in this test cannot be measured except to say they are at least lower than 0.03%. 60 Hz hum is noise pickup as the boards were tested bare on the desk, unshielded.

/R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back