Post pics of your builds....
Oct 5, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #7,336 of 9,811

I didn't mean to offend you, if I did, I apologize. So it means you have lots of amplifiers? As I saw you built lots of them. 

igor, we have strict rules about advertising products here without being a Member of the Trade (MOT). If someone wants to sell amps or any other audio gear, they have to become a MOT and follow different rules from regular members.

Ferrari is not a MOT, and I think that's what I think he was getting at. Though I think you paid him a nice compliment by suggesting that his work is good enough for commercial sales.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #7,337 of 9,811
Uncle Erik has pointed it in the correct direction.

It was also an publicly answer to all the emails and PMs asking me for a quote or to buy a certain amp.
[size=x-small]I’m a hobbyist and build my own amps just for fun (EE is my former profession accidentally).[/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]I’m here now and then to enjoy and learning from some other inspired DIY-ers, [/size][/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]and... also to share something whenever I can. [/size][/size][size=x-small]
smily_headphones1.gif
[/size]

Oct 6, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #7,338 of 9,811
I think you understood me in wrong direction. I certainly didn't mean to point to any negative direction, I was just curious if you maybe build amplifiers on order. I really respect what you share with us and admire your craftmanship as every amplifier I've seen from you, is state-of-the-art design. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #7,341 of 9,811
cmoy i built as a gift for my brother. was the first time i cased anything, took a LOT more effort / longer than i was expecting D: (my ppa sits in a cardboard box
tongue.gif
)

also, using a hand held power drill to drill something you're holding in your other hand makes it pretty hard to get your holes where you want them.

in theory, when it's on the underside of the knob is supposed to light up (i drilled extra holes around the pot for light to shine through) but it didnt really work out that well, you can barely tell it's lit unless you're looking at it from the side. one of my two led's decided to short itself internally while i was assembling it
frown.gif

the design on top is the logo my brother uses for his web stuff
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 11, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #7,342 of 9,811
Here are a few long overdue pictures of my β24 amplifier. I am currently feeding it with my Buffalo32S DAC into a pair of BG Z-1 bookshelf speakers. It sounds absolutely fantastic. It has taken every speaker load I have thrown at it without a hiccup. I am looking forward to many, many years of enjoyment out of this amplifier.

dscn0432x.jpg

I swear the wire management doesn't look this bad in person...
dscn0427o.jpg

dscn0436w.jpg

Oct 12, 2010 at 8:02 AM Post #7,344 of 9,811
compuryan, a most excellent build indeed, I’m especially interested as to how you built the chassis, is it off the shelf? Or did you put it together? Congratulations mate, it looks really impressive.

Oct 12, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #7,345 of 9,811
compuryan,
beautiful job.  i hope you had fun building it.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #7,347 of 9,811
It is indeed a 4U hifi2000 Pesante Dissipante w/ 10mm front panel. Drilling through the steel back panel was not fun, but overall it is an excellent case. AMB uses the same case in his reference build but he highly modified it. He uses an aluminum panel for the rear, acrylic for the top, and a slew of other things.

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #7,348 of 9,811
It must be quite expensive to order those cases from Europe. My country is adjacent to Italy, where they are being sold, and as I have calculated the costs with shipping my valet nearly disintegrated.

Oct 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #7,349 of 9,811
I just ordered three cases (galxy m X2, and a pessante dissapante) shipping was only 17euro to uk.... not bad considering the weight.

Oct 12, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #7,350 of 9,811

Quote:
I just ordered three cases (galxy m X2, and a pessante dissapante) shipping was only 17euro to uk.... not bad considering the weight.

confused_face_2.gif
 that's how much I paid for ground shipping to ship a pair of headphones to UK today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back