Post pics of your builds....
Aug 4, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #7,129 of 9,811
calico88 that looks sweet!. What amp is inside?

Aug 4, 2010 at 10:57 AM Post #7,130 of 9,811

Quote:
Woody Casing made of Jackfruit wood.
Indian Rosewood and Alumunium.

C

C

Amazing wood working! I hope jackfruit wood doesn't smell like actual jackfruit 
k701smile.gif

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #7,131 of 9,811
Well, here is my hybrid eXStatA amp.  The idea for the case came from a post on the locked eXStatA thread (#2398) by macm75, who graciously offered me some construction tips along the way.  The help I got from everybody on the current eXStatA Build Thread II was also invaluable to me in getting this done.  It’s only two days old but, every time I turn it on, it takes me to new levels of listening joy….

Aug 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #7,140 of 9,811
[size=medium]
I dont know if I’m the first, I think so - but not sure.

EHHA Speaker Amp Premier 
beerchug.gif

All parts are based on the recommended power amp build up the Cavalli website. It’s a bit of a work in progress at the moment, so I’ll be sure to post finished pics soon.

As one of the four boards is still waiting for some parts and a bit of troubleshooting, I thought I’d give a pair of 4ohm bookshelf speakers a whirl with two of my working boards a single σ22 and do a bit of testing. I’m delighted to say the EHHA makes a fantastic speaker amp, it’s running steady at 100mA and the sinks are still cool, I reckon I could probably push 200mA easily. The speakers sound awesome for what they are, much better than than I ever expected these cheapies could ever muster, if fact I spent the entire day listening... oh and I’m only using the kit supplied 6GM8’s.
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back