Post pics of your builds....
Jul 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #7,096 of 9,811
Pics of the fantastic Bijou.The sound is sublime!!

Jul 24, 2010 at 5:59 PM Post #7,101 of 9,811

Quote:
Beautiful case work! I love that front panel.

Interesting tube extenders. Why did you choose that over building the boards "upside down" and flush mounting to the top panel?

The case was too narrow. I couldn't mount the boards on studs, because with the tube sockets installed, they wouldn't  fit iside the case.
I just used a piece of teflon sheet and a flat washer under each PCB. The caps on the Power supply were almost as high as the case. So I had to install the tubes on extenders away from the caps on the boards.

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:01 PM Post #7,102 of 9,811
Makes sense. A lot of work, but, it seems to have paid off. It looks great!

I like the SS peaking out on the side in the background. Thinking it just lost it's place in your amp hierarchy. :wink:

Jul 25, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #7,108 of 9,811

Quote:
Makes sense. A lot of work, but, it seems to have paid off. It looks great!

I like the SS peaking out on the side in the background. Thinking it just lost it's place in your amp hierarchy. :wink:

The SS is a great little amp. It sounds nice, but the Bijou is in a different league alltogether, so the SS will have to move near my computer :)

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #7,109 of 9,811
RDS:  Nice work!  Only one gripe though.  That power switch is cheap and tacky.  Don't mean the look of it, but the build quality is really poor, I had trouble with a couple like that, they didn't really last long.

Apart from that, really nice.  :D

Jul 25, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #7,110 of 9,811
Quote:
Just for Al, so he'll get off my back.

I got about 45 minutes of listening time tonight and I like what I'm hearing.

Dang, Nate - that is just beautiful, inside and out. If it sounds half as good as it looks, it is a total winner!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back