Post pics of your builds....
Jun 14, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #5,178 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdkJake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many of the circuit boards did you have made? I think more than a few folks here would be interested in them.

I ordered only one. But you could get the layout files for the board.

Jun 14, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #5,179 of 9,811
my hack-it-cheap case for my 2-ch beta22:

3627008430_14e5026c4f_o.jpg

3627007668_a26d7fa463_o.jpg

a $15 pc 'router' (some corp firewall device that had a pc motherboard inside) case, some ABS plastic (that crinkle finish stuff) and a 2 board beta22 and single board sigma22 power supply.

works just fine for headphones and spkrs. the switch on the front is the spkr/phones selector. phones go up front, spkr wires in back (of course). also in back is the dual AC 30v input (silver connector, mic plug, actually) and for line-in I use 1/4" TRS jacks just for ease of mounting.

the case is shielded only at the entrance where the line-in touches the metal.

on the front phones jack is a zobel network (the spkrs needed it but I located it there since its the same wiring and easier done up front).

the rear spkr jacks are making use of what used to be a PCI card opening
wink.gif

its grungy on the inside (lots of torn out metal supports, lots of drill holes from the previous occupant), but when you put the metal cover over it, you don't even know it was a recycled case.

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:10 AM Post #5,180 of 9,811
very nice work
the mesh is a nice clean touch

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:31 AM Post #5,183 of 9,811
It's been almost a year in the planning, making and configuring this monster, but it is finally complete. May I present my Balanced Beta22 (aka a tribute to Jena cables).

The PSU is a dual Sigma22 running off a pair of 225VA Plitron transformers.

As I'm a cable lover, all of the wiring is Jena (with minimal exceptions in PSU where toroid wiring is used, plus a short length of solid-core Cardas for the power switch).

Sigma22 Internal

Beta22 Internal - A LOT of Jena cable, 4-pin XLR, 2x 3-pin XLR and 2x 1/4" outputs are wired in 22awg, speaker outputs are wired in 2x 18awg, power wiring is Jena AC power cord wire.

Front:

Back:

Back with all necessary accessories:
22awg Jena XLRs
18awg Jena RCA
Jena DIY AC power cord
DC umbilical uses same wire as AC power cord

In the tower - yes, I love the blue LEDs

Special thanks to:
AMB for making the krmathis panels public so I had a fantastic starting point
Justin of HeadAmp for offering an awesome deal on the balanced DACT
Michael of Jena Labs for putting up my constant requests for different wires in random lenghts.

I won't get too much into how it sounds, so I'll just say it's fantastic with my Jena cabled HD650
tongue.gif
and drives my Omega Grande 6R single-driver speakers amazingly.

Jun 16, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #5,186 of 9,811
Very nice I might try to save up for those for my b22.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #5,188 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's about $400 for the 4 panels.

I think (just guessing) that's about what I paid for my complete b22, with the 'ugly but functional' case
wink.gif

some day, I may try FPE panels; but - man! - are they super expensive for what you get! ;(

if I was building for a client, I'd use something good. for myself, I can make-do with cheap abs plastic
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #5,190 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my hack-it-cheap case for my 2-ch beta22:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3643/...6d7fa463_o.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2437/...e5026c4f_o.jpg

a $15 pc 'router' (some corp firewall device that had a pc motherboard inside) case, some ABS plastic (that crinkle finish stuff) and a 2 board beta22 and single board sigma22 power supply... <snip>

This build looks so clean even if it's a repurposed case. The way the wires are routed looks so neat and very professional. Good job B.

edit: cool CTH's rds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back