Buffalo32
DSC_0188.jpg

Nice. Best part is... it goes to 11
wink.gif

May 22, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #5,043 of 9,811
naaman,

Nice work as always. I thought you might have one of the first '32s
smile.gif

I'll have to hit you up for some Par-metal templates now that you're going 'woodie!'

May 22, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #5,045 of 9,811
Jeez guys, you keep posting the most amazing looking stuff. Top marks all around.

Here is my humble latest, a simple passive attenuator A/B box I built for a guy to switch between his phono and ipod. His amp is a ZVex imamp which is little 1 watt tube amp with only a single set of input jacks. Hence the need for an switcher.

ABSwitcher_Inside_700.JPG

Here it is in action with the zvex on top:

ABSwitcher_Done_700.JPG

May 22, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #5,047 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful face plate design naamanf , I dig it!

EDIT: Which 1/4" phone Jack did you use?

Thats the buffalo DAC so there is no headphoen jack. Instead I think that is a Bulgin Vandal switch, you can get them at performancepc.com and other places around the net.

May 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #5,048 of 9,811
danobeavis, seems like a very helpfull guide you have lying there. Just visited the site, you made it?

Any chance there are some more guides like that which can help me around in this DIY world while learning me what I am actually doing while building amps :p

May 24, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #5,049 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llama16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
danobeavis, seems like a very helpfull guide you have lying there. Just visited the site, you made it?

Any chance there are some more guides like that which can help me around in this DIY world while learning me what I am actually doing while building amps :p

Google "Millett Hybrid MiniMAX" or "BantamDAC".
wink.gif

May 24, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #5,050 of 9,811
Thanks, I never actually thought about bigger projects yet then a cmoy or MINI³; but what I'm really looking for is some VERY detailed info about every resistor, component,... and what it does.

I haven't really deeply looked at the sites you gave me but they seem very helpful and informative, I like them. I think I'll put these two on my projects list as soon as I get a bit more familiar with all this
biggrin.gif

Dries

May 24, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #5,052 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by sentinl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats the buffalo DAC so there is no headphoen jack. Instead I think that is a Bulgin Vandal switch, you can get them at performancepc.com and other places around the net.

Ah! Great call, sorry I wasn't familiar with the B32, from my perspective it looked like a gold 1/4" jack haha

May 24, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #5,053 of 9,811
Nebby, very nice opus
smile.gif

I finished this project sooner than I thought -- here's my most recent build. (CTH - Compact Tube Hybrid).

zkcth06.jpg

zkcth02.jpg

zkcth01.jpg

(see the case build log)

May 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #5,054 of 9,811
Wow, amazing. I wish I had the tools, time and money to do that. But as I'm a student living in the middle of nowhere with no acces to shops or supplies and the finals coming up... I think I'll have to wait a while

BTW: that Millett Starving Student Hybrid, how much did the parts cost (parts for the amp + the wood you use and heatsinks)

Dries

Users who are viewing this thread

Back