Post pics of your builds....
May 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #5,056 of 9,811
zkool. Awesome (as usual). Can you tell us what you use to finish that wood? In particular, what did you use over the MDF? How many coats, primer, sanding, etc. I've experimented with many finishing materials in the past. for clear coating I've settled on Lacquer applied with an air brush. In my opinion, finishing is the most difficult part and where a great design can go terribly wrong.

May 25, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #5,057 of 9,811
Thanks folks!

kuroguy, pls see finish details under the casework build
wink.gif

May 25, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #5,061 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice build Zcool!

Rush job on the opus, so the faceplate isn't nearly as nice as I'd like it to be:

Waw very nice, seems like a very neat case you have there.
Maybe if you cut away a little of the side edges of the faceplate, it'll look less 'seperated' from the rest of the case.

Very nice, you got a look of the inside? Wish I had the skills
tongue.gif

Dries

May 25, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #5,062 of 9,811
Quote:

Rush job on the opus..

Nebby, can only imagine what happens when you take your time
ph34r.gif

rush jobs but wary around serious power tools is all good
wink.gif

May 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #5,063 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llama16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waw very nice, seems like a very neat case you have there.
Maybe if you cut away a little of the side edges of the faceplate, it'll look less 'seperated' from the rest of the case.

Very nice, you got a look of the inside? Wish I had the skills
tongue.gif

Dries

The extra wide front faceplate was a design decision I made halfway through making it, I actually like the extra wide look
smily_headphones1.gif
As for the inside picture, it is a few posts above the main post but I'll edit it to be included in the main post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkool448 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nebby, can only imagine what happens when you take your time
ph34r.gif

rush jobs but wary around serious power tools is all good
wink.gif

I'm always careful when working on the power tools, I see enough stupidity by other folks working in the wood shop to be less than wary around power tools. By rushing I was speaking of the finishing of the wood and mounting/wiring the components.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #5,065 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Llama16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
danobeavis, seems like a very helpfull guide you have lying there. Just visited the site, you made it?

Any chance there are some more guides like that which can help me around in this DIY world while learning me what I am actually doing while building amps :p

Yeah I made it for a friend. I'm always working on more DIY guides for hifi stuff and guitar stompboxes.
k701smile.gif

May 26, 2009 at 1:08 PM Post #5,066 of 9,811
Quote:

The extra wide front faceplate was a design decision I made halfway through making it, I actually like the extra wide look
smily_headphones1.gif
As for the inside picture, it is a few posts above the main post but I'll edit it to be included in the main post.

Thanks for the pics. I went through the whole thread already but I haven't kept track of it lately.

May 26, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #5,069 of 9,811
RDS,
A suggestion, try shooting with a higher f-stop to increase the depth of field in your photos.

May 26, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #5,070 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RDS,
A suggestion, try shooting with a higher f-stop to increase the depth of field in your photos.

Lol, yeah tell me about it. I only had couple minutes to get some shots, so they were rushed and hand held. Wish I had had more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back