Post pics of your builds....
Dec 31, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #2,821 of 9,811
naamanf, FallenAngel, you're giving the rest of us really tough acts to follow.

Here's an RJM Audio Very Simple Phono Stage I finished yesterday. I haven't cased it yet, and plus I can't tell any difference in the sound quality with the phono stage in my ancient receiver. This is meant for the switchbox with which I intend to replace said receiver. Don't mind the mess.

IMG_6094.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg

Dec 31, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #2,822 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and yeah, it sounds great driving my newly acquired Wharfedale 9.2 - thanks Bryan - HiGHFLYiN9!

Very nice work Pavel! I'm sure those Wharfedales are very happy to have that gorgeous DIY integrated feeding them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 4:34 PM Post #2,827 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are those Bulgin switches?

The pushbuttons are from APEM. I ordered a bunch of them a while ago. When I started to build the switchbox they had been discontinued, that's why I had to restrict myself to 6 in- and outputs and wasn't able to utilize the full capability of boards and software. The buttons of this size (AV-06 series) are still available with domed top but unfortunately not with flat top. The AV-09 series is available both flat and domed, but those would be too large. Btw, one button is aprox 6 EUR ~ $9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can see why you would want PCB mounted next time, that had to be fun to wire those
rolleyes.gif

well, wiring them wasn't that bad but it looks like a real mess and that's what I hate in fact. But once the lid is closed the nice frontpanel is all you see
biggrin.gif

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #2,829 of 9,811
Good gravy Steinchen, that thing is beautiful.

Here's my latest little project, it's a Hagerman Bugle mounted on a wooden base made by me out of Cherry.

91102493.jpg

91102494.jpg

91102495.jpg

My eventual plans include the matching power supply but I want to try dialing in the cart (and possibly replacing it) first to see if I'm in it for the long haul with vinyl.

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #2,831 of 9,811
@ steinchen: FREAKING bad-ass. Very professional grade build.

@ maher: I like the blend of modern and classical. Very creative! :)

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #2,832 of 9,811
n_maher:

How are you going to case the rest of it, or are we looking at the final product? Also, I notice you only used white phono jacks on the output; is there any reason for that? And how will things work out with non-rechargeable 9Vs? I was considering the Bugle for my eventual switchbox project (nothing in comparison to Steinchen's though), but settled with the much simpler VSPS. Anyway, kudos on the build. You always have fine work and photography.

Jan 2, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #2,833 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by joneeboi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How are you going to case the rest of it, or are we looking at the final product?

That's all she wrote for now. And the inputs and outputs are labeled which negated the need to use color coded RCAs.

Also, as I said, eventually (read: soon) I'll build the matching power supply which will supplant the batteries. For now I'll burn through a set of batteries every ~15hrs or so which should serve as good motivation to get going on the PS.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #2,834 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just completed my new switchbox:

iohq_front.jpg

I documented the details of this build on my hp

HOLY COW!
eek.gif

That's absolutely gorgeous steinchen!

Do you mind if I ask where you sourced those metal buttons?

Cool build Nate! Mmmm Cherry!
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #2,835 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just completed my new switchbox:

iohq_front.jpg

iohq_rear.jpg

iohq_guts.jpg

I documented the details of this build on my hp

You are a DIY champion.

I was actually considering doing something like this. I have a processor left over from a robot. Don't suppose I could sneak a peek at your code
biggrin.gif
If not, no problem. Great build
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back