Birch plywood? Very original for someone from Finland
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

/U.

Seriously, that's very nice work ttr
smily_headphones1.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #814 of 9,811
Is the CMoy-in-a-wood-enclosure-with-a-pretty volume knob a coquettish jab at the RA-1?
tongue.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 7:39 PM Post #815 of 9,811
Thought I would put up the Millet Hybrid I am finishing. All I have left to do is get the AC socket permantly installed in the back of the power supply box (it is hanging out like a little tail.)

Here is the amp sitting on the power supply.
1160b6e4.jpg

Just the amp
50849628.jpg

Glamour tube shot
23714f4a.jpg

I sounds wonderful. It is too bad that I already have it traded.

-John

Nov 23, 2005 at 8:02 AM Post #817 of 9,811
Cmoy-in-women's-deodorant!:

amp_capped.jpg

amp_naked.jpg

amp_exposed.jpg

It uses an OPA4227PA as the opamp. the reason why i used a 4 channel rather than the 2 channel is to utilize one of the channels as sort of a buffer for the rail splitter (rather than using the TLE). it works very well and sounds pretty nice. Best of all, it fits perfectly in one of them portable deodorant packs stacked on top of 2 9v batteries
smily_headphones1.gif

the wires coming out are the in-line input and output jacks. one is a neutrik 1/4" in-line jack and the other is a 1/8" neutrik male connector. the white cable is a starquad with a strain relief inside that i made with hot-glue and a ziptie (hot glue gluing on the zip tie that's wrapped around the wire).

Nov 23, 2005 at 7:20 PM Post #821 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by rreynol
Definately do not try to board a plane with that cmoy.

I'll make sure to put some more frayed wires first
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillysalsa
Please tell me, does the thumb-wheel to dispense deodorant act as the volume knob???
biggrin.gif

it dispenses great sound
smily_headphones1.gif
seriously, i was going to do that, but there is no pot small enough or flat enough to fit in there
frown.gif

Nov 26, 2005 at 7:30 PM Post #824 of 9,811
This is a CMoy in a blue translucent Hammond case:
blue CMoy
The 9 V battery slider is made by Bulgin; the amp also has a DC plug. The opamp is socketed (OPA2227). The ground channel contains a TLE2426 and a BUF634 in a TO220 case through which I stuck the blue LED. The circuit (straight from Headwize, gain of 5.5, with Meier bass-enhanced crossfeed after the input jack) was soldered on breadboard. The caps are 1500 µF Nichicon PF(M). The pot is an Alps RK097 from Tangent. The knob is available at reichelt.de, the case at conrad.de.

I also made a PIMETA in a silver aluminum case:
silver PIMETA
ATM, it sports an AD8620 and dual BUF634s on the L and R channels, and an AD8610 and a single BUF634 on the ground channel. Alps blue velvet pot, Elna Cerafine 470 µF caps, Wima 10 µF bypass caps. Bulgin dual 9 V battery slider. The power switch is made by Marquardt (1802 series, available from Conrad). The case (made by Isel) is available at reichelt.de, but I used black M3x20 screws from Conrad. The knob is a "dome speed" type for electric guitars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back