Post pics of your builds....
Dec 4, 2005 at 1:10 PM Post #841 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Banfi T.
I rarely discussed (or mentioned) merit of having a balanced drive. No common ground, no common return path. Very important indeed! (Think again dual mono with common ground...)

well, i've discussed about this in HAS and still think ground channel is not necessary with dual pwr supply (on the other hand single pwr supply such as STEPS + virtual gnd will benefit from gnd channel circuit, and i have one with it.) this doesn't mean i disrespect the philosophy of gnd channel - i'm rather following it in my own enthusiastic way. thank you all for kind advices tho. i'll try to look up more discussions later on.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2005 at 8:49 AM Post #842 of 9,811
this is my kwak clock with uh... "high grade" components. this is going into my cd player. hopefully it'll make the sound better. i gotta tune it first:-/

kwakclock.png

i put a 12 gauge 00 buck shotshell in there as size comparison
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 6, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #843 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by strogg
this is my kwak clock with uh... "high grade" components. this is going into my cd player. hopefully it'll make the sound better. i gotta tune it first:-/

kwakclock.png

i put a 12 gauge 00 buck shotshell in there as size comparison
evil_smiley.gif

That's a clock?

Dec 8, 2005 at 3:11 PM Post #846 of 9,811
finally I got my first Dynalo cased up: (click on pics for full scale images)

I picked 2SB 647 / 2SD 667 in place of the 2SA 1015 / 2SC 1815. The power con jack is a 4pol microphone jack. What a waste of space and money, but I couldn't fit headphone jack and volume pot in one eurocard-sized enclosure :/

Dec 10, 2005 at 9:06 PM Post #847 of 9,811
Here's the new CMOY I made for my son for Xmas. I was going to put a low voltage shutoff on it, but there's just not enough room in a round altoids can. It's got the TS922AIN opamp in it. It sounds pretty good for just one 9V. It's very comparable to the B-B 2132, but I think I like the 2132 better as it seems a hair bit smoother to me. Not near as much difference when running two 9V though.

cmoy002.jpg

cmoy004.jpg

Dec 12, 2005 at 12:52 AM Post #848 of 9,811
finally I got one my MHs cased up: (click on pics for full scale images)

Aluminum frontpanel and acrylic top-panel are made (as usual) by Frontpanelexpress.com (though I'm still waiting for my golden FPE customer card)

Holes straight above the trimpots give direct access for tube "bias" adjustment from outside the case with a small screwdriver. The bias testpoints are socketed (break off dip strips) and airwired to small 2mm laboratory jacks on the top-panel.

This way tube rolling and bias adjustment works like a breeze, the case doesn't need to be opened or disassembled. (If you wanted it even easier you'd have to order a servant to do it for you.
wink.gif
)

Such a beautiful sounding and looking amp needs some decent lighting, of course. I installed 3500mcd ultrabright LEDs into the tube sockets, even at daylight the lighting is easily visible.

At darkness the tubes look like powered by serious 2kV plasma technology

Dec 12, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #850 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen
bad@$$ millet

Wow, you should sell these. I'd buy one.

Dec 12, 2005 at 5:53 PM Post #851 of 9,811
@steinchen
I heard there was a frontpanelexpress service in germany, but cant find it in google.
I'm begining to think that the title may be in deutch. My german really sux
wink.gif

Do you have a link?
Very nice build BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back