Post pics of your builds....
Dec 5, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #9,661 of 9,811

Off-topic, but I'm just reading an article that made me think of this. Especially this bit:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/musings-headphone-amplifier-output-impedance

This confirms my thoughts on the HD800, that it loves very-low output impedance amps to get the most driver control. If I were you I'd be using the lowest output impedance mode on the amp and bumping the LF up a bit with a good EQ.

It's funny though, the amp Sennheiser has released (named HDVD 800, if I'm not mistaken) has a 40-ish ohm output impedance
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Dec 6, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #9,663 of 9,811
  @customcoco: on your parafeed amp, the high gain position has a +/- 58r output impedance and the low gain position about 10r. Time to test :wink:

Indeed, we'll see. I'll try to get some A/B'ing done tonight.
wink_face.gif

Jan 8, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #9,664 of 9,811

LGK 1.0 from GR Research. Uses a proprietary 3 inch (!) driver, along with a baffle compensation network. Flat packs are available from SubAssemble. I have no affiliation with either company. Nice resolving treble and surprising bass response out of these little guys. I used Duratex coating to get that cool texture. 

Jan 20, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #9,670 of 9,811
I just finished building the NP-100V12 by Rogers Gomez and I though I could share a few pics.

That's an excellent little amp as far as I can tell. And it's even cheaper to build than the SSMH.

Comments are more than welcome!
wink.gif

Maybe not a comment, but a (noob) question.. Aren't two tubes needed for Stereo? Dont untertand the logic using one tube :) Thanks

Jan 20, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #9,671 of 9,811
I just finished building the NP-100V12 by Rogers Gomez and I though I could share a few pics.

That's an excellent little amp as far as I can tell. And it's even cheaper to build than the SSMH.

Comments are more than welcome! :wink:

Maybe not a comment, but a (noob) question.. Aren't two tubes needed for Stereo? Dont untertand the logic using one tube :) Thanks

Many tubes in audio are dual triodes, meaning two circuits are contained in the same glass.

There are some of us (me) who've tested thousands of tubes and would tell you that matched output of two circuits within the same glass is the exception, not the rule. Nevertheless, some still design for one tube and are successful with it.

Jan 21, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #9,675 of 9,811

Very nice and clean.

Have you tried 12AX7 instead ? In one of mine sounds a lot better.

Lovely little beast Roberval!

I did not try the 12AX7. Maybe one day. I have too many ongoing projects!

May I ask about your amp? What's that big cover on top? Transformer and power supply? Also what are those two things (LEDs? Outputs?) in front of the switch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back