Post pics of your builds....
Aug 26, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #7,201 of 9,811
i actually lifted it from spiftacu1ar's recent ckk3 build.  I originally only had the hole in place but then saw the recessed look and really liked it.
thanks john, I hope my case quality can compare to yours one day:)

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #7,202 of 9,811

Quote:
i actually lifted it from spiftacu1ar's recent ckk3 build.  I originally only had the hole in place but then saw the recessed look and really liked it.
thanks john, I hope my case quality can compare to yours one day:)

biggrin.gif
 I feel special 
biggrin.gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #7,203 of 9,811
ya thanks for that tidbit, I plan to use it on most of my amps..I have it saved as a macro in my FPE.

sooo, here is my soha-II almost fully cased up. worked out a few minor wiring and led resistor tweaks and it's running great!.  Thanks so much to Alex Cavalli for helping me with this guy.. 

had to remove 1 leg in order for the stepped attenuator to fit..  and also I am kind of annoyed that on the 17th step the left channel gets like twice as loud as the right.  I can't see any visible defect on the atten, but it is kind of annoying and if I can't remedy it, I might switch out another pot..

waiting on my other rca jacks.    I am using teflon russian FT-3 capacitors for my C1's.  I have them on alligator clips so the board can easily be pulled out for servicing..

kinda low res working pic but has the top I'm using...

that's it for now.

Aug 28, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #7,204 of 9,811
particleman 14, my you gave been busy! Another great amp for your fast growing stable.

Here’s my finally finished balanced EHHA speaker build. Thanks Alex for a great project.

Aug 28, 2010 at 8:30 AM Post #7,205 of 9,811
very nice build johnwmclean! plain but beautiful!
where did you have your front plate processed?

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM Post #7,208 of 9,811
Indeed, those look incredible. What enclosures are those and how'd you do the front panels?

Aug 29, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #7,214 of 9,811
Thanks Owen,

well I haven’t used FPE, but just to give you an idea, five panels (two of which were completely fabricated from scratch) plus perspex cutting for the volume hole cavity worked out to be $408 including shipping, although my most important requirement was the ability to use my own software, unlike FPE, Cam supports a  wide variety of file formats. Cam quote quickly on-line, there communication is great, although I had a few mishaps which were not my fault, they replaced and corrected the pieces quickly.

Aug 29, 2010 at 8:40 AM Post #7,215 of 9,811
Thanks for the info, John. They seem a lot more personal than FPE (just from the options available, tone of the web site, etc. I haven't worked with FPE at all) and the price seems comparable to what I was estimating for my design with FPE. I'll have to get a quote from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back