Post pics of your builds....
Dec 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #6,076 of 9,811
That's an incredibly nice case.
Especially that retrolike-button
wink.gif

that's the advantage of DIY, you can pick the case. The downside is that you actually ahev to DIY, but you got around that
biggrin.gif

Naah, just kidding, for me it's solely the fun of making something work out of 'materials'

Dec 14, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #6,077 of 9,811
That looks very well done.
How did you label the panels? Some sort of transfer?

Dec 14, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #6,078 of 9,811
Taken me a year to get this thing finished..mainly cause of slacking on my part.
tongue.gif

Elektor Audio DAC 2000 with Pass Labs D1 clone JFET I/V output stage.
Only has a Coax input. Thinking of switching that to a BNC input.

dacjfetiv001.jpg

Simple face plate..just a power indicator.

dacjfetiv002.jpg

The wiring needs to squared away a little..Add heatinks on the regulators..thinking of going for a better power supply board for the DAC..might get to it or just leave it at that as the JFET boards have a very good regulator section on board and so do the DACs on the DAC board.
Only thing I might want to add is a 5 volt Super Jung regulator supply for the digital section.

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #6,079 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1abrams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please cover those exposed mains leads! That is just an accident waiting to happen. I would get some insulated crimp-on spade connectors that are designed for that IEC. You can get these for cheap at any hardware store. Short of that heatshrink em, but the connectors are probably a better choice.

Nah, leave them as is - if somebody is foolish enough to reach in and touch the IEC of an amp that's plugged in, just give them the Darwin award.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #6,080 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, leave them as is - if somebody is foolish enough to reach in and touch the IEC of an amp that's plugged in, just give them the Darwin award.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Because you never work on your amp when it is powered?

Dec 14, 2009 at 2:40 AM Post #6,082 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by nattonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That looks very well done.
How did you label the panels? Some sort of transfer?

They are done with matte clear shipping labels actually...cut veeeeeery carefully.

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #6,083 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by kb1gra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Mini3 is done!

Mini3 Project - a set on Flickr

I have more pics of the build process coming.

I made a few changes...instead of the standard boring ones on the AMB build sheet.

Enclosure is a Box Enclosures BEX Series one, model B1-080.

In order to make the PCB fit, solder lugs were fabbed along one side to give a tight fit in the slightly wider enclosure.

The panels were hand machined with a drill press. My father did the engineering and building on this (my contribution was "I picked a new case, you can make this fit right??") so a big thanks to him. I do have assembly and engineering pics if anyone wants to see those as well.

I think it came out pretty well!

Great job! I like it a lot and will probably steal your address label idea later down the line.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #6,085 of 9,811
Very nice build sachu
smily_headphones1.gif

I love watching your progress

How would you say it compares in sound to the assemblage dac?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sachu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Taken me a year to get this thing finished..mainly cause of slacking on my part.
tongue.gif

Elektor Audio DAC 2000 with Pass Labs D1 clone JFET I/V output stage.
Only has a Coax input. Thinking of switching that to a BNC input.

dacjfetiv001.jpg

Simple face plate..just a power indicator.

dacjfetiv002.jpg

The wiring needs to squared away a little..Add heatinks on the regulators..thinking of going for a better power supply board for the DAC..might get to it or just leave it at that as the JFET boards have a very good regulator section on board and so do the DACs on the DAC board.
Only thing I might want to add is a 5 volt Super Jung regulator supply for the digital section.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:09 AM Post #6,086 of 9,811
a 3channel (active ground) beta-22 in progress:

4186128543_48f7152030_o.jpg

..using the 'group-buy' motherboard (really makes the install a lot neater).

still have to match the 550/560 transitors and install the mosfets and heatsinks. but thought this might be a good time to snap a progress shot before the camera-blocking heatsinks move in
wink.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #6,087 of 9,811
Have been looking through this thread and can I just take my hat of to all contributers - the amount of creativity, ingenuity and hard work on display here is great to see.

Was particuarly blown away by the exterior design of zkool448's amps - beautiful stuff.

I feel inspired and it looks like a really rewarding hobby. When I can afford it in early next year I'm going to get some tools and start work on a little cmoy of my own and take it from there.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #6,088 of 9,811
Hi All!

Thanks for all replies and advices. This is temporary case. Now i find in ebay
aluminum gold chassis
smily_headphones1.gif

Knobs from ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back