Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!**
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #16 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah in my city we only have hd595 for £200... lol and sr80 for £230

well im waiting to receive my k702 from him, I will post the pictures and stuff, we should be able to find out whether its fake or not

Unless Hull is on another planet, but im pretty sure it is in east yorkshire.

A quick search and I found the Grado SR80's at £89-95 at Richer Sounds which has stores all over the UK.

Quite how you came to a price of £230 is beyond me.

GRADO SR80 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Sep 4, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 90
Sep 4, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #18 of 90
Quote:

yeah in my city we only have hd595 for £200... lol and sr80 for £230

well im waiting to receive my k702 from him, I will post the pictures and stuff, we should be able to find out whether its fake or not

There you go Drake22 a Richer sounds in Hull yes Hull where you live.

90 Prospect Street
North Humberside, HU1 3RT
01482 329289

Sep 4, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May i ask something,why nobody buys from their local shops anymore?

Is it so hard to find what you're looking for in the place you live?

I think it's much safer to go to a local dealer and buy,even if you have to pay a bit more.

Personally,i never buy from internet.I don't trust this way of buying things...

If you research your product and the sellers before buying, the chance of something bad happening to you is very low. Even if something happens, the money you save in the long run overshadows that loss.

I haven't bought ANYTHING other than food at local shops for about 10 years now. All of my purchases have been online (textbooks, clothes, electronics, etc.) and among those hundreds and hundreds of purchases, I've only ever had one problem, which was a faulty dell laptop that I bought from dell's official website (but I managed to open it up and fix the broken fan, so it's fine).

The fact of the matter is, local shops mark up products because their goal is to make money. If you buy online, 99% of the time you will find someone who is selling on clearance because they absolutely have to get rid of an item. In many cases, it is possible that they are selling at a loss. You can save even more money buying secondhand (i.e. the FS forum here), but that requires more research and slightly more risk. It's still worthwhile IMO, as long as you check feedback and ask for pictures.

Sep 4, 2009 at 6:54 PM Post #21 of 90
Sep 4, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #22 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drake22 your wrong again.

The very same store, yes you know the one in 90 Prospect Street.

SENNHEISER HD595 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

in richersounds yes indeed, the other hifi shop we have though - A Fanthorpes, they sell for £211 in store, and sales people are very serious about it, lol

but anyway, back to richersounds, look at the choice of their headphones - highest model senn is 595, highest grado sr80, akg 512, denon ahd301...

Nothing serious in there, that is why we have to buy online
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #23 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
May i ask something,why nobody buys from their local shops anymore?

Is it so hard to find what you're looking for in the place you live?

I think it's much safer to go to a local dealer and buy,even if you have to pay a bit more.

Personally,i never buy from internet.I don't trust this way of buying things...

John, it can be extremely difficult to find quality headphone or audio gear locally. Even in Los Angeles, with some 25,000,000 or more people in the area, I don't think I could find a HD-800 for sale at retail, let alone many other products.

Another factor is sales tax. I don't know if you have a VAT on all products, but here, the state you live in adds a percentage to the price and takes it. Sometimes the county and city also take a percentage. Where I live, they add 9.25% to every purchase.

However, if you order from another state, you don't have to pay sales tax. So instead of California adding another $130 or so to a HD-800, I can order one from HeadRoom without the tax and with free shipping.

Buying online is safe - I stick to trusted retailers, am always willing to paymore for a good retailer and I always use a credit card with good consumer protection.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #25 of 90
Quote:

do u think k702 is fake? Cos i ordered one of them and waiting to arrive

he asked wait 15 days because shipping from manufacturer in taiwan

the prices are similar to US prices tbh, i dont think it's very cheap

K702 as other AKG studio phones are "Made in Austria". If it's manufactured in Taiwan it's definitely a knock-off.

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #26 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanielCox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know of any audio shop in the UK that sells high/mid end headphone gear. Even a 'standard' audio shop is extremely rare.

There are plenty of stores in London's Tottenham Court Rd that stock mid/high end headphones.

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #27 of 90
Are the ESW9 really 350 quid in Britain ? I'm hoping thats a typo - these are 400 Aussie dollars here, not the 900+ that 350 pounds normally translates to when I look at something from Cambridge Audio etc.

Sep 4, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #28 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K702 as other AKG studio phones are "Made in Austria". If it's manufactured in Taiwan it's definitely a knock-off.

sorry i used wrong word, i ment supplier, not manufacturer

Sep 4, 2009 at 10:44 PM Post #29 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not sure if I understand you. When I meant is, $250 USD is about £150. And if k702s are made in Germany I would assume that they should cost less in the UK since the shipping costs should be lower. Thus, £149 sounds like a reasonable price to me (just because other people sell for more doesn't mean it's fake, some people sell k701s in america for $400-500 USD, it's just that no one buys them at that price)

ESW9s are about $200 USD new here, which is roughly £120, so those ESW9s might be fake. But it's also possible that shipping from japan to the UK is much cheaper than to the US (I doubt it, but it might be true).

I'm not saying that I'm vouching for their legitimacy, but the price (especially if they are without warranty, meaning they are probably refurbished) is within the realm of possibility

Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the ESW9 really 350 quid in Britain ? I'm hoping thats a typo - these are 400 Aussie dollars here, not the 900+ that 350 pounds normally translates to when I look at something from Cambridge Audio etc.

I think then we're into the realm of exchange rates, and that argument could last all year round.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jawang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not saying that I'm vouching for their legitimacy, but the price (especially if they are without warranty, meaning they are probably refurbished) is within the realm of possibility

Possible, but not probable!

pair of esw9's on amazon.com $229. If i could then get a friend to ship them over.... lets be generous and say $40.

Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A Portable Wooden Headphones: Electronics

269.99 USD

=

164.667 GBP

Where the guys profit for selling them at £109? £55... big deal. even if we get rid of the shipping...

229.99 USD

=

140.271 GBP

so he's made a £30 profit! Sorry if it was me, and the only price i saw the esw9 for was £349.99, I'd want a bit more than £109!

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't sit right. even used, or with a few minor scratches, that's a hell of a big discount. Just my ten pence worth.

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #30 of 90
There is a half decent hifl shop in York.. can't remember the name, they sell Sehnns all the way to HD800! And some pretty nifty turntables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back