Possible fake Ultrasone Proline 900, AKG K702, Monster beats *** they're fake!!**
Oct 5, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #76 of 90
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I'm thinking of getting a pair of ultrasone pro 900s, and I was hoping to get some advise,

The item in question is this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTRASONE-PRO900-PRO-900-PROFESSIONAL-STUDIO-HEADPHONES-/230534204891?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item35ace8cddb#ht_2346wt_911

and at a price that is almost too good to be true, even after looking at other threads, I could only find 2 previous references to this seller ( which said it was good ) with no further comments

So I could use an overall consensus on this seller before I buy this headset

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #77 of 90

Quote:
Sorry for reviving a dead thread, but I'm thinking of getting a pair of ultrasone pro 900s, and I was hoping to get some advise,

The item in question is this

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTRASONE-PRO900-PRO-900-PROFESSIONAL-STUDIO-HEADPHONES-/230534204891?pt=DJ_Gear_Lighting&hash=item35ace8cddb#ht_2346wt_911

and at a price that is almost too good to be true, even after looking at other threads, I could only find 2 previous references to this seller ( which said it was good ) with no further comments

So I could use an overall consensus on this seller before I buy this headset

Thanks!

i don't think you will get a fake item from 33153 purchase history, 100% positive feedback seller IMO

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #78 of 90
why do u need consensus? look at seller's impressive selling history. review their past sales & look at other ultrasones that they have sold - all at very good prices.
there is nothing to suggest that these are remotely fake.  u have paypal and square trade protection too.
manufacturer's often scream fake when they have not even examined the item(s) in question - preferring to deter grey market sales in order to protect the typical 100% markup or higher of the retail outlets. nothing wrong with that, your local b & m stores need the markups.
imho, this seller has acquired excess inventory (maybe local, maybe from far east) at much lower than std distributor pricing --- they will still make at least 15-20% profit.

hth,

Quote:
....at a price that is almost too good to be true, ... I could use an overall consensus on this seller before I buy this headset

Thanks!

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM Post #79 of 90
Thanks for the response, well tbh the incredibly low price, lack of warranty & high return (I'm in aus, so shipping is about 60 AUD) costs made me quite weary about this item.

After reviewing most of the comments I've yet to find a positive remark aimed directly at ultrasone headphones so I'm trying to find head-fiers with positive experiences with purchasing headphones from this particular seller

Well either I'll clarify with the seller and try to get a guarantee of authenticity and will be buying a set soon.....will post more when the item comes

on a side note, do ultrasones come with a serial number for registration/comparison on their website ? 
and is there any difference in terms of quality in a far east/local set?

Thanks !

Oct 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #80 of 90

Quote:
do u think k702 is fake? Cos i ordered one of them and waiting to arrive

he asked wait 15 days because shipping from manufacturer in taiwan

the prices are similar to US prices tbh, i dont think it's very cheap

correct me if i'm wrong - aren't the K701/702's made in Austria? if that is true, why in the world would a manufacturer in TAIWAN be involved????

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #82 of 90

you're corrected 
atsmile.gif
despite the proliferation of the words 'germany', 'deutschland', etc. on the back of my hfi-780 box, beside the CE barcode on the underside of the box, is imprinted 'made in taiwan' - i suspect that most other ultrasone models say likewise.
these days, nearly all hi-end components originate from china or taiwan along with much of the audiovisual equipment manufacturing.
now, we know from press articles that senn hd800 are hand-assembled in germany, but that doesn't mean all the parts are made in germany.
perhaps only the ultrasone "edition" models are assembled in germany - but then, i wouldn't bet on it.

my k701's say 'made in austria' on each side of the headphone - but does that really mean 100% of the parts are manufactured in austria?  i think not.
this is all becoming very much like the way food products are labelled in canada ... 100% =/= pure .

this has nothing to do with the seller's integrity, but if you haven't listened to ultrasones before, i suggest you find a way to audtion some locally before plonking down your $$.
there have been quite a few users here on head-fi who can attest to a rather short honeymoon & those who stick with them seem to do some modding... myself included.

hth,

Quote:
Similarly, aren't all Ultrasones "made in germany" ? at least thats what most reviews tout it to be....correct me if i'm wrong

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #83 of 90
I think the Ultrasone is not that cheap (add. taxes, shipping ..., and maybe not that good :wink: )

But there are a lot of fakes out there, these days i saw a Pioneer HDJ2000 for 150 $ shipped from HongKong ...

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #84 of 90

Quote:
May i ask something,why nobody buys from their local shops anymore?

Is it so hard to find what you're looking for in the place you live?

I think it's much safer to go to a local dealer and buy,even if you have to pay a bit more.

Personally,i never buy from internet.I don't trust this way of buying things...

indeed it is hard to look for all the stores for just one pair. moreover some people (like me lol) just dont want to move their a** out of the chair going into town to look for something with chance of failing but rather eBay/Google for it with a few taps of their fingers
and for eBay dealers I think we should only buy from those with 1k feedbacks for above (especially for those 100$ and above items)

Oct 7, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #85 of 90
I can vouch for buyauthorized.  Puchased my latest pair of Pro900s from this ebay seller. Arrived in perfect condition.  It is open box stock, but genuine.  I am also in Australia.

And for the record, Editons are made in Germany, the rest are manufactured in Taiwan.

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:23 PM Post #87 of 90

Quote:
I can vouch for buyauthorized.  Puchased my latest pair of Pro900s from this ebay seller. Arrived in perfect condition.  It is open box stock, but genuine.  I am also in Australia.

And for the record, Editons are made in Germany, the rest are manufactured in Taiwan.

Thanks for the confirmation, just wanted to ask though since you have a pair of PRO900s....... do they come with serial numbers/registration ?

Oct 7, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #88 of 90

Quote:

this has nothing to do with the seller's integrity, but if you haven't listened to ultrasones before, i suggest you find a way to audtion some locally before plonking down your $$.
there have been quite a few users here on head-fi who can attest to a rather short honeymoon & those who stick with them seem to do some modding... myself included.

hth,

I've tried the PRO550 before, and while i'm not used to the sound signature, I quite liked the variation from my usual westone um3.... they sound much better for rock/guitar solos....haven't got a chance to try the PRO900 though....will give it a shot, but I'm dead set on the ultrasones
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #89 of 90

in that case, u do owe it to yourself to read up on the ultrasone modding thread. iirc, pro900's probably don't need as much modding as some of the other models do, but i would recommend re-cabling. also, most ultrasones seem to require extensive break-in. that was the case with my hfi-700's and 780's.

hth,
Quote:

I've tried the PRO550 before, and while i'm not used to the sound signature, I quite liked the variation from my usual westone um3.... they sound much better for rock/guitar solos....haven't got a chance to try the PRO900 though....will give it a shot, but I'm dead set on the ultrasones
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #90 of 90
I've bought open-box Pro750's from buyauthorized & had those concerns at the time. But they were absolutely real. And since I bought HFI580's from Amazon I had packaging & accessories to compare. 

The actual retail markup on most imported items in America is approx double landed-cost (item+shipping+duties). Out of this they still have to pay commissions & advertising, etc. so it's not so obscene as it sounds. So if you are strictly online, with no warehouse, marketing, or commissions to pay, and you are buying open-box from a distributor, you could easily make out quite well with only 20% margins if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back