Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott Community Center
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #76 of 197
  I am planning on attending this meet, please add Noble to the list.

pm'd you. 

Also special shout out to @sbradley02 for donating some interconnects to the raffling!

biggrin.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #77 of 197
Made a gear change, I am now bringing:
JoLida Glass FX tube DAC
Bryston BHA-1 amplifier
MrSpeakers ETHER C

Fiio X5ii
Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80

Apr 7, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #79 of 197
Always wanted to hear some slants... like forever Ill work on a gear list though it is impossible to complete since i don't know Echo Audio  and TTVJ will be sending. As well as some gear non-disclosed by some of our attendees, some of which haven't posted they are attending which is totally cool. I almost would rather them not so we can be surprised a bit!

Apr 8, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #80 of 197
Levi's rig is insane.I can tell you.

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #83 of 197
Gil, I gave up my seat with Muziqboy so you can make this meet and no gear gets subjected to being in a truck bed. You HAVE to make PDX now!!

Labrowns HE6 was the first rig to wow me way back to my first meet, its pretty amazing indeed.

Having gone through over 50 headphones, gotta say the HE-6, modded and fed from speaker taps (in my case out of my Pioneer Spec rack system) is by far the best sound I've ever heard - and the bass is in a word - visceral.  I just swapped my HD800 for a new HE-6 and feel fortunate to have it.  Sold my first HE-6 thinking there was something out there better..........nope. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #84 of 197
I just bought an hd800 just yesterday, not what i wanted to read lol.

Only gripe with the he6 is it's weight but with those suspension headband from Lohb it's quite a different feel

l
Having gone through over 50 headphones, gotta say the HE-6, modded and fed from speaker taps (in my case out of my Pioneer Spec rack system) is by far the best sound I've ever heard - and the bass is in a word - visceral.  I just swapped my HD800 for a new HE-6 and feel fortunate to have it.  Sold my first HE-6 thinking there was something out there better..........nope. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #85 of 197
Honestly after the meet I may just buy an amp that I can use the Trafomatic head 2 as a pre amp and get the HE6 speaker tapped again. I dunno. We will see. I have been really wanting to try the Kennerton Odin. It is reported by many of the French to be a super HE6. If that is so my HD800S is gone yesterday. But that thing is never available. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:06 PM Post #86 of 197
This sounds like it will be an exciting meet! I might be able to attend.

Gear I'd bring:
  • LH Labs Pulse X Infinity
  • LH Labs Geek Out V2+
  • STAX SRS-2170 system (SRM-252S amplifier and SR-207 headphone)
  • OPPO HA-2
  • OPPO PM-3
  • AKG K701 with balanced cable wiring
  • iFi micro iUSB3.0

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #87 of 197
Hey if anyone from PDX is going to the Bottlehead meet I will be there too. 

I will be going with my wife who is interested in going. If someone needs a ride up there they can prob roll with us they can. I don't even know when it starts. 

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #88 of 197
Tube warm up is at 1pm and it starts at  2pm for everything else. Tube gear needs a little more love to sing.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #89 of 197

I will be going with my wife who is interested in going. If someone needs a ride up there they can prob roll with us they can. I don't even know when it starts. 

Noon-1PM. If you're settting up a rig, better come earlier for a good spot. The Bottlehead meets can get kinda squished (one time a lot of people came down from Vancouver). There's also a pre-meet and post-meet so if you're attending either or that'll be earlier as well. For the scenic stuff, take the ferry back to Seattle on your way back from Bainbridge Island.

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #90 of 197

Noon-1PM. If you're settting up a rig, better come earlier for a good spot. The Bottlehead meets can get kinda squished (one time a lot of people came down from Vancouver). There's also a pre-meet and post-meet so if you're attending either or that'll be earlier as well. For the scenic stuff, take the ferry back to Seattle on your way back from Bainbridge Island.

I don't recommend coming early if you don't need to. The Bottlehead peeps are human too. This is a 6 day workweek for them. So please take that in consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back