Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott Community Center
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #61 of 197
Count me in!!!

I'll bring most of what is in my Sig

I'll also bring a laptop, iPad, and some music.

One thing I will bring in particular is some of the best recordings we have here at CD Baby. I will have flac files for these.

If there are any CD Baby artists you are particularly interested in being being able to audition please let me know.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #62 of 197
  Count me in!!!

I'll bring most of what is in my Sig

I'll also bring a laptop, iPad, and some music.

One thing I will bring in particular is some of the best recordings we have here at CD Baby. I will have flac files for these.

If there are any CD Baby artists you are particularly interested in being being able to audition please let me know.

Hey, I just bought my friend's single not too long ago from CD Baby. Caela Bailey's - Enjoys

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #63 of 197

The Portland State Chamber Choir recordings "A Drop In The Ocean" and "Into Unknown Worlds" are awesome on headphones. Deep wrap-around 3D sound.  I wish those two recordings were available in high-res *hint* 
wink_face.gif

I'll be interested in what recordings you bring to the meet and what you consider the best from CD Baby. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #65 of 197
I got a response from Peter from MrSpeakers - he said May is packed for them but they will try to make the meet. 

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #66 of 197
 With experience in organizing 2 Porsche Club events, I have to point out the importance of "Sponsor Display" tables, and location. ZMF Headphone, gets top choice of location as the primary sponsor. Other sponsors, table location, should be considered according to monetary contribution to the event. The Portland Head-Fi Meet is in early development stages.

Apr 3, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #67 of 197
   With experience in organizing 2 Porsche Club events, I have to point out the importance of "Sponsor Display" tables, and location. ZMF Headphone, gets top choice of location as the primary sponsor. Other sponsors, table location, should be considered according to monetary contribution to the event. The Portland Head-Fi Meet is in early development stages.

Whats up spyder1,

I was going to respond to your pm but would rather respond here. So here is how the vendors work because as of now there will be some logicstics to work out with dedicated tables to sponsors. Namely because if they send gear and cannot show up, that means they won't have a source, computer, vinyl player, or lap top, to fully display their units. This means that instead of a dedicated sponsor table, they have to be paired with trustworthy headfiers like @Soundsgoodtome and others who will be setting up their gear and can represent them well. In a venue like this, my hope is that the ample space provides a good display and easy visibility of the vendor products that will be sent in.

If you have any other way to navigate this then please let us know. I would much rather each vendor have their own table, separate from all other gear but unless they send us laptops and cables etc, that most likely will not happen. What is more likely is a set up that more closely resembles Tyll at innerfidelity's Big sound event unless they actually show up to claim a table (plent of tables and room). And though we do not have Woo monoblocks we will definitely have some BIG SOUND!!!

@MezeTeam will be sending the 99 classics to @nmatheis
Verizonix have already sent me their N500 & N501
@Andykong from Cayin has sent me the IHA-6 and iDAC - 6 (sounds great btw! better than my nuprime HPA-9) as well as the N6
Todd the Vinyl Junkie will be sending gear, I just have no clue yet and will hear back from @Todd when it gets closer to the event (shoot forgot to put them on the flyer, will do that ASAP!!! done )and updated. 

Bottlehead will be showing up to claim a table
@KB Alo Audio will be showing up to claim a table
Echo Audio will be showing up to claim a table
@Torque will be showing up to claim a table
@taiden from Vibro labs will be having some iems with Zachs table
64 audio will be showing up to claim a table. 
and of course @zach915m will be showing up to claim the whole spot! So thankful that he decided to see his friend but Zach always thinks big and adventurous, He is the peter pan of headphones lol so now this will hopefully catapult a yearly event. 

~ Lee

Apr 4, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #68 of 197
Dang, I'll be in Portland all week for a work conference, but flying back home Friday evening. 
mad.gif
 I've never been to a Head-Fi meet before,

Apr 4, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #69 of 197
  Dang, I'll be in Portland all week for a work conference, but flying back home Friday evening. 
mad.gif
 I've never been to a Head-Fi meet before,

ohhhh man you are from my hometown. I used to live in Newport News VA, 757 baby!!!! woop woop. 

Make your flight one day back!!! come and hang out!!!

Apr 4, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #71 of 197
  Hey I would love to invite all of our Seattle neighbors but I was a bit scared that I would be spamming them.

Maybe a seattle invite is in order. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/790296/12-04-15-seattle-meet-impressions/60#post_12478128

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back