Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott Community Center
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #106 of 197
I'll be at both the Seattle Bottlehead meet and the Portland meet. This Portland meet is going to be fun. Lots of gear and new people. And I won't have to drive very far to get there.

Gear I'll bring:
Cavalli Liquid Fire
Cavalli Liquid Carbon (the little transportable solid state Cavalli amp)
Schiit Gumby DAC

Audeze LCD-2 r2, Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00, HD600, HD650, HE-560

Windows laptop as source with lots of music that I like

PonoPlayer and a balanced cable adapter for it

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #107 of 197
  I'll be at both the Seattle Bottlehead meet and the Portland meet. This Portland meet is going to be fun. Lots of gear and new people. And I won't have to drive very far to get there.

Gear I'll bring:
Cavalli Liquid Fire
Cavalli Liquid Carbon (the little transportable solid state Cavalli amp)
Schiit Gumby DAC

Audeze LCD-2 r2, Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00, HD600, HD650, HE-560

Windows laptop as source with lots of music that I like

PonoPlayer and a balanced cable adapter for it

I will see you at both. I almost pm'd you to see if I could ride up but wifey wants to go because she is really curious. Unfortunately I have to bring my big ol iMac up to Seattle because I don't have a laptop (never really needed one). The portland meet is going to be fun and I am really stoked that Bottlehead is coming down here as well. 

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #109 of 197
Nice @grizzlybeast!

Just got in the iBasso DX80 DAP and D14 Bushmaster Portable DAC/Amp today for the meet. Was expecting the DX80, but the D14 was a surprise. Thanks @Paul - iBasso!

Just found out I'll be getting those MEE P1 IEM people have been raving about. Can't wait to try those out!

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #110 of 197
  Nice @grizzlybeast!

Just got in the iBasso DX80 DAP and D14 Bushmaster Portable DAC/Amp today for the meet. Was expecting the DX80, but the D14 was a surprise. Thanks @Paul - iBasso!

Just found out I'll be getting those MEE P1 IEM people have been raving about. Can't wait to try those out!

Thats whats up! I will make it a point to try a lot of iems this time no doubt!

Apr 12, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #111 of 197
  Nice @grizzlybeast!

You are welcome. It looks like it is going to be an exciting meet!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 12, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #112 of 197
This is the rig that i do plan to bring:

HD700's
HD650's
Both have modded cables with external grounds and can have an Akiko stick hooked up

Singlepower MPX3 modded and gone through.
It is effing tweaked.

Hp Elitebook 8740W
running Jriver with uncompressed files

DAC to be named later

Sonarworks DSP

2 Schiit Wyrds

All the power cables and IC's I have made. Have a thing for that.

Magic Box

Synergistic Research QLS-6

Granite Audio Ground Zero

Assorted Akiko sticks

Assorted USB cables

My rig is smooth and dialed in. When Diana Krall is singing, she is sitting on my lap singing to me. Very intimate.

Will have gear to audition on your rigs.

Can answer questions and concerns about your gear.

Coming to PDX for coffee and doughnuts

Just kidding

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #113 of 197
^^ You and JJ are such tweakers!!
L3000.gif

@johnjen are you going to make Portland too by chance?

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #114 of 197
  ^^ You and JJ are such tweakers!!
L3000.gif

@johnjen are you going to make Portland too by chance?

Ya know, I am a doer and not a follower. Experience by trial and error. And thousands of hours listening. And now my rig is sounding pretty nice

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #115 of 197
R2R v Delta Sigma
I had an interesting idea for this Portland meet. I'll be bringing a Mutec 3+ Smart Clock as a transport and it can feed up to 6 DACs simultaneously. I'll set up my rig to have one Matrix Mini-I Delta Sigma dac and one PCM1704 R2R dac for people to switch between on the fly via the Audio-GD SA31SE. No cut in music and if you want to have fun, no telling which dac you're listening to (no peeking!). Some say you can't hear the difference between an r2r and a delta sigma but now you can test it with your phones or one of mine.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #117 of 197
Just an FYI for everyone coming - I'll be bringing my 1978 Hitachi SR-804 vintage speaker amp to the meet.  I'll have a CD player feeding it as well as an iPad.  Bring a CD if you like. 

It will have two separate speaker tap connections set up for XLR cables like HiFiMan stock cables.  My HE-6 and HE-400 are both set up for speaker tap connections and will be on site as well.   I'll also have a headphone out splitter (1/4") available for anyone wanting to listen to what a vintage system sounds like.  It's not my best or favorite amp but it's a spare that sounds darn good. 

I'm a vintage fanatic and it's all I have for headphone use (8 systems in use throughout my life) so if anyone has been considering going old school you'll have a chance to hear what has myself and many others raving about. 

Apr 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM Post #118 of 197
  Just an FYI for everyone coming - I'll be bringing my 1978 Hitachi SR-804 vintage speaker amp to the meet.  I'll have a CD player feeding it as well as an iPad.  Bring a CD if you like. 

It will have two separate speaker tap connections set up for XLR cables like HiFiMan stock cables.  My HE-6 and HE-400 are both set up for speaker tap connections and will be on site as well.   I'll also have a headphone out splitter (1/4") available for anyone wanting to listen to what a vintage system sounds like.  It's not my best or favorite amp but it's a spare that sounds darn good. 

I'm a vintage fanatic and it's all I have for headphone use (8 systems in use throughout my life) so if anyone has been considering going old school you'll have a chance to hear what has myself and many others raving about. 

Ooohh, would like to try the HE560 on vintage speaker taps

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #119 of 197
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back