Portable use: Ultimate Ears 700, RE0/RE-ZERO, Audiotechnica ATH-M50 or Sennheiser HD25-1 II?
Oct 3, 2010 at 8:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

c61746961

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone!, I am thinking about getting a pair of closed / IEMs for portable use since my Grado's are pretty much useless on the street.

In your opinion, which pair offers the best sound for the money?, I favor detail extraction, snappy bass response and decent soundstage. I listen to all kinds of music, but mostly rock and techno / house. I may be able to get a portable amp in the future, but it's definitely not a priority... Also, would any of the mentioned pairs benefit from amplification by say, an E5?

Edit: Might as well add the RE0/RE-ZEROs to the list, they seem to receive a lot of praise and are cheaper than the UE700, are they really better sounding?

Thank you all in advance!

Oct 4, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't get it, some people consider the RE0 to be ahead of its league, competing with products in twice or more its price range, yet many people feel that they can't really compete with dual-armature IEMs, which cost at most twice the price of these.
I'm really torn between the RE0/ZERO and the UE700, and really hope that someone who has auditioned both can step in and help me out. The UE700's can be had for ~$120, which is just a bit more than the RE0/ZERO and a whopping $100 less than the q-Jays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back