Popular Classical Music
Mar 13, 2024 at 11:35 PM Post #8,643 of 8,699
Fabulous original score of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in G.

Extraordinary slow movement:

IMG_9371.jpeg

Mar 14, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #8,644 of 8,699

Mahler Symphony 7​

Orquesta y Coros nacionales de España - Director David Afkham.​

Fist seconds the quality is very bad, then it improves.
This is the orchestra I regularly see in Madrid, the best in Spain, the National Orchestra, here with its main (excellent) conductor, David Afkham. Unfortunately they do not record in video most of their performances. They broadcast in audio all concerts of the season, but few are recorded and broadcast in video which is an absolute shame in my opinion.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #8,647 of 8,699
Was listening to these during the week. Not strictly classical but please remember that the rules of this thread are only written is quicksand! :sunglasses:

Shabaka - End Of Innocence

Nu Deco Ensemble - Elevators (Me & You) / B.O.B. (The Music of Outkast)

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #8,648 of 8,699

BRSO / Sir Simon Rattle: Beethoven 6 „Pastorale“ - Probenstreiflicht​

Hmm, very well played by the BRSO,but "methinks" Simon reads in a "wee bit" more into that Storm and last movement F-Major than Beethoven himself actually intended?
Beethoven wrote something like :Mehr Ausdruck der Empfindung alsTonmalerei ie. more an impression or feeling of Nature than a "Tonepainting". Nonetheless to me it impressively "paints" how terrifying and awe-inspiring a big thunderstorm can be. I feel Beethoven captured Nature and Weather better than anyone before him except Vivaldi's "Winter" which can and should sound as cold and frosty as winter weather can be felt at least where I live .I also wonder if he lives in Munich now? If so, maybe he should try to avoid too much of their good Beer?
I remember a slimmer Rattle at BBC the Proms with the LSO not that long ago.
Cheers CC

Mar 16, 2024 at 9:03 AM Post #8,649 of 8,699
Was listening to these during the week. Not strictly classical but please remember that the rules of this thread are only written is quicksand! :sunglasses:

Shabaka - End Of Innocence

Nu Deco Ensemble - Elevators (Me & You) / B.O.B. (The Music of Outkast)

Hmm. Shabaka very nice and moody and well recorded too. Nu Deco not quite "my cup of tea" .
I do not like the sound of electric guitar in any context, sorry just me . Cheers CC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back