Mar 22, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #8,658 of 8,699
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:57 AM Post #8,660 of 8,699
La Madrilena (Eduard Bayer) - Alexandra Whittingham

Café 1930 (Astor Piazzolla) - Alexandra Whittingham and Esther Abrami

Spanish Romance - Alexandra Whittingham

Pasa Calle (Jaques Bosch) - Alexandra Whittingham

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 7:34 AM Post #8,665 of 8,699
Anyone else enjoying “Life” from Luka Sulic? (New release)
Hello Peter, a good one that I had not seen yet.

Many years have flown by since I have seen you last. Hope all is good with you and your family.

The world has been such a crazy place in recent years, even a suspension bridge is not safe these days.

A nice video filmed at Eden Project in Cornwall, in the southwest of England.

LUKA SULIC • LIFE • [Official Video]

Cellodeck - Beatles - YESTERDAY🪻Cello + Orchestra Version

Yesterday, only released yesterday, no pun intended! :ksc75smile:

Antonín Dvořák: Cello Concerto in B minor, Op. 104 | Tonhalle-Orchester Zürich & Anastasia Kobekina

Mar 27, 2024 at 6:34 PM Post #8,666 of 8,699

Valery Gergiev & Janine Jansen perform Brahms and Bruckner with Munich Philharmonic Orchestra​

Johannes Brahms: Violin Concerto in D major, op. 771. Allegro ma non troppo2. Adagio3. Allegro giocoso, ma non troppo. VivaceAnton Bruckner: Symphony No. 4 in E flat major called “Romantic1. Bewegt, nicht zu schnell2. Andante quasi allegretto3. Scherzo. Bewegt - Trio. Nicht zu schnell, keinesfalls schleppend4. Finale. Allegro moderato
Janine Jansen, violin
Munich Philharmonic Orchestra
Valery Gergiev, conductor

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #8,668 of 8,699
Thanks Mr MonMon as you inspired me to search for this video yesterday.

I listened to over half of it yesterday and will finish it today. Not sure how long the video will last, so I downloaded the video and also converted it to MP3, to save for another day.

I used a free online option, like https://yt5s.io/en110/youtube-to-mp3 and chose the highest quality option.

Of course buying is always the most honorable thing to do, but many YT videos are not available as audio downloads.

World Piano Day 2024 – Global Video Premiere | Deutsche Grammophon

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #8,669 of 8,699
Many thanks John for your ideas. I also download sometimes from Youtube, unfortunately the sound quality is rather low. Anyway, it helps me to find pieces I am going to see live and that I do not have in my collection or in Apple Music.
Youtube has some pretty amazing stuff. For example some performances by Janine Jansen. I have seen her live a couple of times. Once I saw her playing in the first part of a concert. In the second part, she sat within the audience and she was really close to me. What an attractive lady!

Valery Gergiev, Janine Jansen & London Symphony Orchestra​

Karol Szymanowski: Violin Concerto No. 1 Op. 351. Vivace assai - Tempo comodo: andantino - Subito vivace assai2. Vivace scherzando - Tempo comodo: allegretto - Vivace3. Cadenza (Vivace) - Allegro moderato - Lento assai
Karol Szymanowski: Symphony No. 1 in F minor op. 151. Allegro Pathétique2. Allegretto con moto grazioso
Johannes Brahms: Symphony No. 1 in C minor, opus 681. Un poco sostenuto – Allegro2. Andante sostenuto3. Un poco allegretto e grazioso4. Adagio – Piu andante – Allegro non troppo, ma con brio – Piu Allegro
Janine Jansen, violin
London Symphony Orchestra
Valery Gergiev, conductor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back