Popular Classical Music
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:03 AM Post #8,626 of 8,699
Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel on accordion by Kateryna Sushko

A vison in Barbie pink :sunglasses: she plays both instruments in this video and splices them well together with good clarity.

INDIFFERENCE - Tony Murena - ACCORDION by Kateryna Sushko

She really nails this I reckon. As an ex piano accordion player, try doing this when you can't really see what your hands are doing.

Flowers - Miley Cyrus | Alto Sax Cover by Carla Stokes

I like her fresh take on this

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #8,630 of 8,699
Was listening to this yesterday evening on a good speaker system and really liked the impact of the drums. Her Lightness was wining and dining with a pal of hers, which enabled me to rev up the system to higher levels than normal. Luckily we are living in a detached house, otherwise I could have been accused of anti social behaviour and been arrested. My excuse would have been, since I only had one ear, I had to have it at twice the normal level to produce deafness in the average adult. :ksc75smile:

George Frideric Handel - Sarabande: Adapted - End title from Barry Lyndon (1975)

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #8,631 of 8,699
Was listening to this yesterday evening on a good speaker system and really liked the impact of the drums. Her Lightness was wining and dining with a pal of hers, which enabled me to rev up the system to higher levels than normal. Luckily we are living in a detached house, otherwise I could have been accused of anti social behaviour and been arrested. My excuse would have been, since I only had one ear, I had to have it at twice the normal level to produce deafness in the average adult. :ksc75smile:

George Frideric Handel - Sarabande: Adapted - End title from Barry Lyndon (1975)

One of several nice things with living in a cottage in the Countryside here in Sweden is that I can play my music as loud as my 1kw per channel amp and big Electrostatic speakers allow without disturbing my nearest neighbour who lives roughly half a mile downhill from me, without risking being arrested. But one hot summer day when I had played Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D-minor with windows open, she politely asked if I had just bought an organ when I met her the next day. No risk of that here still +4C, but nice and sunny weather today.
And apart from enjoying Handel's heavenly music here again, you also made me want to "revisit" Barry Lyndon, those moody, filmed only in candle light, scenes where quite something cinematically in the mid 70s, pre-digital days.
Cheers CC

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #8,632 of 8,699
IMG_6983.jpeg

Mar 10, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #8,633 of 8,699
A good spot Mr MonMon, I have never heard of her.

A short introduction and only a snippet of her new album

Francesca Dego | BBC Symphony Orchestra | Dalia Stasevska: Brahms & Busoni, Violin Concertos

HAUSER - Emmanuel

HAUSER - Kiss the Rain

Mar 10, 2024 at 6:40 AM Post #8,634 of 8,699
One of several nice things with living in a cottage in the Countryside here in Sweden is that I can play my music as loud as my 1kw per channel amp and big Electrostatic speakers allow without disturbing my nearest neighbour who lives roughly half a mile downhill from me, without risking being arrested. But one hot summer day when I had played Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D-minor with windows open, she politely asked if I had just bought an organ when I met her the next day. No risk of that here still +4C, but nice and sunny weather today.
And apart from enjoying Handel's heavenly music here again, you also made me want to "revisit" Barry Lyndon, those moody, filmed only in candle light, scenes where quite something cinematically in the mid 70s, pre-digital days.
Cheers CC
You Swedish and Irish friends have me full of envy. I live in a flat, comfortable, but I cannot play the music as loud as I would like to. First my wife and daughter would not let me, but even when I am alone at home I have to control the volume because of the neighbours. For a few months a couple of years ago, I did not have neighbours upstairs or downstairs and I could play really loud… it did not last long. Thankfully headphones give me other possibilities.
Some music to play really loud…

Antonín Dvořák: Concierto para violonchelo en si menor, Op. 104 | Anastasia Kobekina, violonchelo​

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #8,635 of 8,699
You Swedish and Irish friends have me full of envy. I live in a flat, comfortable, but I cannot play the music as loud as I would like to. First my wife and daughter would not let me, but even when I am alone at home I have to control the volume because of the neighbours. For a few months a couple of years ago, I did not have neighbours upstairs or downstairs and I could play really loud… it did not last long. Thankfully headphones give me other possibilities.
Some music to play really loud…
Hello Luis, all we need is a roof over our heads in a safe environment, with some nice food to keep us happy. Good health, including mental health is so important, as we all know. :beerchug:

I wonder if you need any indoor heating in your home in Madrid during the winter? I wonder if you have a natural gas supply in your home or in many parts of Madrid?

Handel/ Halvorsen masterpiece - Passacaglia. Played by Ukrainian cellist Antons Trocjuks and Latvian violinist Daniil Bulayev

Hello Christer, I wonder if you have tried playing this piece!

Passacaglia - Handel/ Halvorsen (Piano Cover) Jane&Maxx

Mar 10, 2024 at 8:47 AM Post #8,636 of 8,699
Hello Luis, all we need is a roof over our heads in a safe environment, with some nice food to keep us happy. Good health, including mental health is so important, as we all know. :beerchug:

I wonder if you need any indoor heating in your home in Madrid during the winter? I wonder if you have a natural gas supply in your home or in many parts of Madrid?

Handel/ Halvorsen masterpiece - Passacaglia. Played by Ukrainian cellist Antons Trocjuks and Latvian violinist Daniil Bulayev

Hello Christer, I wonder if you have tried playing this piece!

Passacaglia - Handel/ Halvorsen (Piano Cover) Jane&Maxx

The Passacaglia ,no not tried it yet. But I am slowly learning the piano version of the Sarabande via YT tutorials.
Regarding a roof over my head and indoor heating, today we're back at -4C again where I live and some fresh snow and grey skies, so I have a nice fire flickering in the woodstove in my music room to keep me warm. Cheers CC

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #8,637 of 8,699
Another relaxing version by another very attractive lady.

Jenny states this in her video:

Baroque music in a contemporary interpretation, what do you think?The modern piano arrangement inspired by Handel's Passacaglia was created by the YouTuber Pianistos in 2012, not by Halvorsen. Despite being often labeled as 'Passacaglia by Handel/Halvorsen,' it's important to clarify that Pianistos' version is quite distinct from Halvorsen's

Passacaglia - Handel / Halvorsen (Piano Solo Cover) by Jenny Doremi

P. Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (The Nutcracker Suite) Piano cover by Jenny Doremi

Metallica - Nothing Else Matters (Piano cover 2024) by Jenny Doremi

Mar 10, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #8,638 of 8,699

Hello John, you need some heating in Madrid for some months and air conditioning in the summer. Pretty extreme weather. Winter is milder by the coast. Many buildings, like mine, have central heating. We have natural gas supply all around Spain, it is very common.
here some beautiful music for the mental health

Capricho español, Rimski-Kórsakov​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back