Popular Classical Music
Feb 25, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #8,616 of 8,715
Ultravox's Midge Ure | Vienna with the RTÉ Concert Orchestra | The Late Late NYE Show

Gosh I loved this song as a teen! I was stunned to see Midge Ure looking so old.. but of course the song is from 1980 and Midge Ure is 70 according to Wikipedia… I stiil have the image of Midge Ure in my head of the original video from 44 years ago…

Feb 25, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #8,617 of 8,715
Indeed Luis, but 70 is the new 40! :ksc75smile:

I am in my early 60's but have been told that I look somewhere in the 40's. Likewise with Her Lightness, we both eat very healthily, keeping out of the Sun as much as possible, wearing a peaked sunhat when out and about. We have never smoked but sometimes drink a few too many glasses of vino on a Saturday evening. :sunglasses:

I am a big fan of extra virgin olive oil on my wholewheat toast with a mug of green tea in the morning, followed by a piece or two of extra dark choc 85% along with a homemade espresso coffee. We eat salmon and plenty of tomatoes, bell peppers and black olives, etc. nearly every day. All this talk of food is making me hungry! :darthsmile:

Another good recent video on the DG YT channel, and well recorded

Julius Asal - Scarlatti: Sonata in F Minor, K. 466 (Upright Version)

Feb 25, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #8,618 of 8,715
Indeed Luis, but 70 is the new 40! :ksc75smile:

I am in my early 60's but have been told that I look somewhere in the 40's. Likewise with Her Lightness, we both eat very healthily, keeping out of the Sun as much as possible, wearing a peaked sunhat when out and about. We have never smoked but sometimes drink a few too many glasses of vino on a Saturday evening. :sunglasses:

I am a big fan of extra virgin olive oil on my wholewheat toast with a mug of green tea in the morning, followed by a piece or two of extra dark choc 85% along with a homemade espresso coffee. We eat salmon and plenty of tomatoes, bell peppers and black olives, etc. nearly every day. All this talk of food is making me hungry! :darthsmile:

Another good recent video on the DG YT channel, and well recorded

Julius Asal - Scarlatti: Sonata in F Minor, K. 466 (Upright Version)

Of course you are right John! I have friends and family in their 70s that are more than fine, leading very active lives.. Not everyone though… you have to take care of yourself!
In this case it was a matter of expectations, I associate Vienna with the young Midge Ure.
I am in my late 50s and me and my better half also try to stay healthy: healthy eating, some physical exercise, not smoked for 20 years now, wine is compulsory in Spain 😃!
here more music

Renaud Capuçon plays "Lawrence of Arabia" (Maurice Jarre)​

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #8,619 of 8,715
Heiliger Dankgesang:

IMG_9308.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back