Popular Classical Music
Jan 21, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #8,581 of 8,735
It has been fluffing freezing over the last few weeks in these parts and today is so windy that that your face could be blown off. :sunglasses: Will get worse with Storm Isha on the way. Will be glad to see the back of January! I live not far from this Uni

Auld Lang Syne - The Choral Scholars of University College Dublin

Far from classical music but seems very well recorded and worth a listen I reckon, but I could be wrong :robot:

Courting is a Pleasure - Choral Scholars of University College Dublin

It's so adorable when non-Canadians complain about the cold. Here's what my corner of the world was like (not my pic): https://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/198q63g/liquid_propane_in_alberta_at_atmospheric_pressure/
Funny thing is it's supposed to be above 0 by the weekend

Jan 28, 2024 at 4:48 AM Post #8,584 of 8,735
Amazing Grace - Yoonkyung Cho (Cello) from CelloDeck

Yejin Noh (Piano), Ji Won Song (Violin) & arranged by Jihyun Moon

Yoonkyung Cho (Cello) from CelloDeck

Her own composition aided by AI

Caruso - CelloDeck

and one that I probably posted before, but is well worth another listen

Schubert, Trio No. 2, Op. 100, Andante con moto (with motion)

Ambroise Aubrun, violinMaëlle Vilbert, celloJulien Hanck, piano

12/12/2016, Live at Cathédrale Sainte-Croix des Arméniens, (Holy Cross Cathedral of Armenians) Paris

Jan 28, 2024 at 5:03 AM Post #8,585 of 8,735

Lang Lang: The Cleveland Orchestra Centennial Celebration (Mozart, Strauss, Ravel) | Full Concert​

Chapters▷ 00:00:00 Intro▷ 00:01:20 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 24 in C minor, K. 491 (Lang Lang, Cleveland Orchestra, Franz Welser-Möst)▷ 00:34:50 Richard Strauss - Symphony Fantasy from Die Frau ohne Schatten, Op. 65A (Cleveland Orchestra, Franz Welser-Möst)▷ 00:58:12 Johann Strauss II - "Wiener Blut", Op. 35A (Cleveland Orchestra, Franz Welser-Möst)▷ 01:07:15 Maurice Ravel - "La Valse" (Cleveland Orchestra, Franz Welser-Möst)
Lang Lang - piano
The Cleveland Orchestra
Franz Welser-Möst - conductor

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:51 AM Post #8,587 of 8,735
Yesterday amazing concert in Madrid. No doubt a highlight of the season. Munchener Philarmoniker conducted by Zubin Mehta. All Brahms program. Personally, I could not ask for more.
The first part was the Piano concerto num 2 with Yefim Bronfman. Excellent. The great pianist played some Chopin as an encore.
Second part was Brahms Second symphony. That to me was simply amazing. Perfect.
Mehta at 87 and clearly a fragile old man gave a beautiful and powerful performance of the symphony. Lots of goosebumps!
To finish a encore with one of the Slovak Dances of Dvorak. An unforgettable concert and great success.

Here we have Mehta conducting 26 years ago

Brahms - Symphony No. 2 in D major, Op. 73 (Zubin Mehta & Israel Philharmonic Orchestra)​

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:38 AM Post #8,591 of 8,735
Nimrod, the 9th variation from the ENIGMA Variations, op. 36 by Edward Elgar - composed in 1898

Simon Rattle, Orchestra - City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra

Handel: Hallelujah (Messiah)

George Frideric Handel composed the oratorio MESSIAH in London in 1741. The four-part chorus is one of the most famous works of classical music.

Choir & Orchestra: The English Concert & Choir, Conductor: John Nelson

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #8,595 of 8,735
ALISON BALSOM Variations on Bellini's Norma

No credit given to the pianist in the video, who also does a splendid job!

Variations on Bellini's Norma (Casta Diva) · Alison Balsom · Edward Gardner · Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back