Popular Classical Music
Mar 30, 2024 at 5:16 AM Post #8,671 of 8,700
beautiful
Indeed Mr MonMon on a splendid sunny Easter Saturday. It is a lovely time of year to get some decent walks to help keep us sane. :)

I had started watching this video a few days ago but have yet to finish it.

BBC Four HD Lucy Worsley Mozart's London Odyssey (2016) 59 minutes long

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #8,673 of 8,700

Simon Rattle, Mitsuko Uchida, Magdalena Kožená a.o. | Gala Concert at Philharmonie Berlin (2006)​

Sir Simon Rattle conducts the Berliner Philharmoniker in the "Gala from Berlin" (2006) - with works by Richard Strauss, Antonín Dvořák, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart & Johann Strauss II. Featuring soloists Mitsuko Uchida, Magdalena Kožená, Camilla Nylund, Laura Aikin & Dale Duesing.
00:00:00 Intro00:00:50 Richard Strauss - Don Juan, Op. 20 (Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker)
00:20:39 W.A. Mozart - Piano Concerto No. 20, K. 466 (Mitsuko Uchida, Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker)
00:55:56 Richard Strauss - Der Rosenkavalier, Op.59: Act II, Waltz, Trio & Finale (Magdalena Kožená, Camilla Nylund, Laura Aikin, Dale Duesing, Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker)
01:22:33 Johann Strauss II - "Èljen à Magyar" Polka, Op. 332 (Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker)
01:25:28 Antonín Dvořák - Slavonic Dance Op. 46, No. 8 in G minor
(Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker)
Mitsuko Uchida - piano
Magdalena Kožená - vocal
Camilla Nylund - vocal
Laura Aikin - vocal
Dale Duesing - vocal
Berliner Philharmoniker
Sir Simon Rattle - conductor

Mar 31, 2024 at 6:20 AM Post #8,674 of 8,700
Alison Balsom reveals her Top 5 Trumpet Concertos of all time

An interesting bit of history about the development of the trumpet. The trumpet sounds rather good on the Hifiman Sundara closed back, even with just one ear. Driven by the very capable little Topping L50 amp

Alison Balsom Debussy - Syrinx

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:50 AM Post #8,677 of 8,700
The Mozartists - Mozart and Haydn Quartets.
Filmed on 15 March 2023 at St Giles Cripplegate, London

Mozart Divertimento in D major, K.136
Mozart String Quartet No. 3 in G major, K.156
Haydn String Quartet in C major, Op. 20, No. 2
Mozart 2nd movement, Andante, from Divertimento in F major, K.138

Johann Sebastian Bach Concerto in A major for Oboe d’Amore BWV 1055 with Soloist Rodríguez Agúndeza

Apr 11, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #8,681 of 8,700

Daniil Trifonov & Valery Gergiev perform Scriabin and Rachmaninov​

Sergei Rachmaninov: Symphonic Dances op. 451. Non allegro2. Andante. Waltz Tempo3. Lento assai. Allegro vivace. Lento assai. Come prima. Allegro vivace
Alexander Scriabin: Piano Concerto in F sharp minor, op. 201. Allegro2. Andante3. Allegro moderato
Sergei Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto in F sharp minor, op. 11. Vivace2. Andante Cantabile3. Allegro Vivace
Alexander Scriabin: The Poem of Ecstasy op. 54

Apr 13, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #8,682 of 8,700

Daniil Trifonov & Valery Gergiev perform Scriabin and Rachmaninov​

Sergei Rachmaninov: Symphonic Dances op. 451. Non allegro2. Andante. Waltz Tempo3. Lento assai. Allegro vivace. Lento assai. Come prima. Allegro vivace
Alexander Scriabin: Piano Concerto in F sharp minor, op. 201. Allegro2. Andante3. Allegro moderato
Sergei Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto in F sharp minor, op. 11. Vivace2. Andante Cantabile3. Allegro Vivace
Alexander Scriabin: The Poem of Ecstasy op. 54

"Dios mio" that first flute player,que linda.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #8,683 of 8,700

MONTH in the life, VLOG of my concerts in March 2024 (subtítulos ESP/ ENG)​

I have found this quite interesting. There are parts in English and subtitles. This is a month in the life of Pablo Ferrandez, great cellist. He tells us about his tour with the Czech Philarmonic and Semión Bychkov.
I actually saw their concert in Madrid. I was fantastic. Dvoraks cello concerto and 8th symphony.
Also latter he talks about his debut with the Boston Symphony. So many hours of rehearsals and traveling from one place to another.

Apr 14, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #8,684 of 8,700
Great Luis, you seem to be living the Spanish dream :)

Madrid looks like a great place that I have yet to visit

Our delectable Lola

Lola - Piano Daydream No. 8 (Original)

Lola - Clocks (Piano version)

and only released 2 days ago

HAUSER - Song to the Moon

HAUSER performing Song to the Moon from Rusalka by Antonín Dvořák with the London Symphony Orchestra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back