[Poll] Best Headphone's Under $200
Sep 14, 2012 at 7:52 AM Post #196 of 270
hahahaha whats with all the bumping. All the stuff you listed isn't going to touch the dt250-250 ohm version. I am not the usual headfi young person though, I am more into natural sound so there you go. Just do it . Buy a dt250-250 and a minimal amp to make it sing like a JDS labs O2 then you will never find a better headphone for a very long time. Ignore the other guys with their crappy recommendations because I've heard most of them and they are practically all different versions of crap.

Sep 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #197 of 270
Quote:
hahahaha whats with all the bumping. All the stuff you listed isn't going to touch the dt250-250 ohm version. I am not the usual headfi young person though, I am more into natural sound so there you go. Just do it . Buy a dt250-250 and a minimal amp to make it sing like a JDS labs O2 then you will never find a better headphone for a very long time. Ignore the other guys with their crappy recommendations because I've heard most of them and they are practically all different versions of crap.

whats so good about the DT250's? why are they cheaper then the 880s

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #198 of 270
LOL I was just laughing at my exaggerated post there but yah I truly believe there is nothing in that range that's as good. the dt880 is not in the same pricerange by the way yet I still prefer the dt250-250 to them because the dt880 has a more consumer oriented sound while the dt250 is more accurate, have more natural sounding mids, less bright highs, just more balanced overall.

Oh and they are cheaper than the dt880 because they don't look as nice or flashy. The dt250-250 don't look good enough to just sell based on looks alone which a lot of people get fooled by a lot of the time.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #199 of 270
Quote:
LOL I was just laughing at my exaggerated post there but yah I truly believe there is nothing in that range that's as good. the dt880 is not in the same pricerange by the way yet I still prefer the dt250-250 to them because the dt880 has a more consumer oriented sound while the dt250 is more accurate, have more natural sounding mids, less bright highs, just more balanced overall.

Oh and they are cheaper than the dt880 because they don't look as nice or flashy. The dt250-250 don't look good enough to just sell based on looks alone which a lot of people get fooled by a lot of the time.

ok thanks

Sep 15, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #200 of 270
You ought to go with your gut and buy whatever you're leaning towards. You're shopping for headphones, not black market kidneys - if you don't like them, you can put them up for sale and try another option

Sep 15, 2012 at 6:19 AM Post #202 of 270
Quote:
You ought to go with your gut and buy whatever you're leaning towards. You're shopping for headphones, not black market kidneys - if you don't like them, you can put them up for sale and try another option

Yeah, maybe if I was an adult with my own Credit Card and lots of money at my disposal... I'm 16 with a low-paying job + hardly any hours 'cause of school.. If i go wrong I can't go back..

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #203 of 270
Quote:
Yeah, maybe if I was an adult with my own Credit Card and lots of money at my disposal... I'm 16 with a low-paying job + hardly any hours 'cause of school.. If i go wrong I can't go back..

Even if you get something you're really happy with, eventually you're going to start wondering what better options are out there - it's a lot like having a girlfriend, iDF
wink_face.gif

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #205 of 270
Quote:

Very true, and thats why I want something which is the best for it's price range and i'll upgrade when i have the money to do so.

Well the thing is, there's no "best" in this price range. There's a certain level of "good" you'll get up to this price range, and everything's around the same level of "good" but different flavors. You'll have to just decide for yourself. The best we can tell you is the general sound signature, but it's up to you to decide what kind of sound you like. If you want something bright and analytic (in comparison), then the DT880 is for you. Something bassy, the DT990; something pleasant, the DT250.

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #206 of 270
If you can't audition any of your options, you're going by other people's biases and preferences which is always risky. Maybe have a look at some frequency response graphs for a bit of objectivity and see if that helps. Or just draw a grid with 8 squares in your back yard and see where your dog decides to take a crap. Then you can blame your dog if you don't like them.

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #208 of 270
Quote:
If you can't audition any of your options, you're going by other people's biases and preferences which is always risky. Maybe have a look at some frequency response graphs for a bit of objectivity and see if that helps. Or just draw a grid with 8 squares in your back yard and see where your dog decides to take a crap. Then you can blame your dog if you don't like them.

lol 2 bad i dont have a dog

Users who are viewing this thread

Back