[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Aug 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #77 of 193
The tonal balance is precisely what gives the T1 its "wow" factor IMO.

As for the HD800 I've never heard of it but the misconceptions come from both sides of the fence. Being from Sennheiser and priced as it is it this was always going to be the case.

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #78 of 193
Quote:

got a wa2 on order :) hopefully i can get a hd800 to test it at home :) i prefer the hd800 i tried to the lcd2.2 though. The hd800 is the most comfortable headphone in the world!!  

Nice....I was at once contemplating on the WA22 but went with the LD MK VI+ seeing and believing the concept rule that one could achieve world class sound without spending so much, let us know how your WA2's sound with your HD800 once they arrive.

Sep 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #81 of 193
I have heard all five, finally. Very surprised at this poll, actually stunned. T1 with 42%..........really? I mean they sound.....okay, not bad but.....?  Go figure.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #83 of 193
Am I the only one dissapointed with the T1's?

The HD800 are amazing for their soundstage - if you want speaker like presentation this is it.

And the Audeze's are great in terms of texture and extension.

The T1's don't have the soundstage of the HD800s, and they don't have the extension and texture of the Audeze.

In my opinion the T1's are *good* but not *extraordinary*.

*Scratches head*.....

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #84 of 193
Quote:
Am I the only one dissapointed with the T1's?

The HD800 are amazing for their soundstage - if you want speaker like presentation this is it.

And the Audeze's are great in terms of texture and extension.

The T1's don't have the soundstage of the HD800s, and they don't have the extension and texture of the Audeze.

In my opinion the T1's are *good* but not *extraordinary*.

*Scratches head*.....

Pretty much.  There are actually more deficiencies than that but 42% can't be wrong so.....
wink_face.gif

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:21 PM Post #85 of 193
In my humble opinion, the T1's need a good solid state amp to drive them. Never liked them much with my Lyr.

On the other hand the HD800's sound great with certain types of music, be it on a good tube amp or a sold state. The LCD's sound much better out of tube amps and with music with lots of bass.

My point is that all the headphones mentioned can sound great with the right equipment. But the T1's sound excellent with all music genres given the right musical chain.

Sep 4, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #86 of 193
Excellent is a strong word.  T1's simply have a technical limitation to scalability that no amp can solve when other phones will keep improving.  HD800 sounds fantastic with every genre of music.  If not then look into it, you have a problem.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #88 of 193
I thought HD800 was going to win by a large margin, depending on the amp/dac combination of course. I liked T1 over HD800 with mid-class amp, but with high-end amp, HD800 was unmatched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back