[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Sep 30, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #106 of 193
The T1 is a very good headphone, it's just not as good as the LCD-2 or LCD-3, IMO. And definitely not better than the HD800.
My opinion of the headphone is just comparative.

Sep 30, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #107 of 193
Quote:
The T1 is a very good headphone, it's just not as good as the LCD-2 or LCD-3, IMO. And definitely not better than the HD800.
My opinion of the headphone is just comparative.

Having owned the very T1 sold in Canada (since Jan. 2010, but recently sold it), the HD800s, LCD-2, and LCD-3s, I absolutely agree with this assessment as well.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #109 of 193
Quote:
This poll is useless and represents a muddle of different things without any variable control, no need to justify anything guys.

Did you vote? I didn't. I prefer to just discuss the headphones at hand.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #110 of 193
Quote:
This poll is useless and represents a muddle of different things without any variable control, no need to justify anything guys.

Quote:
Did you vote? I didn't. I prefer to just discuss the headphones at hand.

I certainly voted having owned all the headphones in the poll at the very same time for many months. I would rank them:
LCD-3>HD800=LCD-2r.2>T1 and some very good upstream gear (WA22, Liquid Fire, GS-1, GS-X, Cary Xciter DAC, W4S DAC-2).

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #111 of 193
Quote:

LCD-2r.2>T1

+2. I was thinking the T1 are technically better and have more detailed sound than the LCD-2 rev.2 but now that i own the Audeze i found the LCD2s to have more prominent detail and overall faster sound !! I mean i bought them for just musicality and bass really, but I'm surprised they have details like the T1 but it's easier to spot, despite the fact that I was driving the T1 with the M-stage v.2 (280$) and the LCD2s with Topping D2 (145$). Now I'm enjoying the heck out of the AUDEZE and of course i voted for them
tongue.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:42 PM Post #113 of 193
Quote:
+2. I was thinking the T1 are technically better and have more detailed sound than the LCD-2 rev.2 but now that i own the Audeze i found the LCD2s to have more prominent detail and overall faster sound !! I mean i bought them for just musicality and bass really, but I'm surprised they have details like the T1 but it's easier to spot, despite the fact that I was driving the T1 with the M-stage v.2 (280$) and the LCD2s with Topping D2 (145$). Now I'm enjoying the heck out of the AUDEZE and of course i voted for them
tongue.gif

Just as an aside, how do you find the Topping compared to the M-Stage? I had the M-stage with LCD-2 but preferred the Muse dac/amp in my avatar (same as Aune). Have looked at the Toppping a few times on Ebay and wondered how it performs.  

Oct 1, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #115 of 193
Quote:

Just as an aside, how do you find the Topping compared to the M-Stage? I had the M-stage with LCD-2 but preferred the Muse dac/amp in my avatar (same as Aune). Have looked at the Toppping a few times on Ebay and wondered how it performs.  

I think the M-stage is a really good amp but needs a nice dac as well ( i had the usb dac version ). But if I were you I'd look into the 500$ amps category and above as an upgrade, I mean don't waste your money climbing the stairs, just take the plunge for a huge upgrade IF you have money. your muse amp seems to perform very well for the price. The M-stage is a bit dark so bright amps performs best with the LCD2s such as the NuForce Icon HDP, I read great reviews about it and here's the version without the preamp section NuForce Icon-2 Integrated.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #116 of 193
I haven't had the opportunity to try either the T1 or the HD800 that are on this poll, so I did not place a vote.
The poll aside, between the different Audeze headphones that I have had the pleasure to listen to I can clearly say that the LCD-3 gave the nicest sound experience. Unfortunately they are quite a bit over my budget for a single headphone, but i'm working towards it and maybe I will trade up from the lcd2 rev2 sometime in the future.

Oct 20, 2012 at 11:29 PM Post #119 of 193
Just bought a pair of T1s as a 2nd pair to go with my LCD-3s.  I like the T1s, but right out of the box this pair is a bit bright for me, much brighter than I remember The Cableco's loaners were.  I'm hoping the lower frequencies pick up a bit after break in to provide a more balanced overall sound.  They'd have to improve a LOT to be better than the LCD-3s though, and I don't see that happening. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back