[PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3)
Nov 12, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #181 of 193
I've listened to all of them, at different times with different equipment. The hd800s remains my favorite out of all of them, especially when modded. None of them come close to the hd800's resolve, soundstage, and imaging capabilities imo.

Aug 22, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #182 of 193
I own T1,and lcd 3 .the big diff. is lcd 3 bass is much better.vocals laid back , treble smooth . cons : heavy, clarity.
T1 better in imaging and soundstage. cons : lcd 3 is here .
Hd 800 you should pair it with ECP Audio L-2 amplifier . to hear a huge diff.

Aug 23, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #183 of 193
I've listened to the HD-800's, the LCD-2 (both revisions), and the T1. It depends on your tastes, but personally I would choose the LCD-2 any day of the week. Audeze house sound is to die for.

Oct 27, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #184 of 193
T1 wins , I really can't believe this.
deadhorse.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #185 of 193
^ Flawed poll. 1 TOTL Senn, 1 TOTL Beyerdynamic, but 3 Audez'e = TOTL + 2 others. What?!

In other words, split vote for Audez'e.

You could total the Audez'es = 38% and declare them the winner but...if it had been just the LCD3 would it have got 38%? Seems unlikely, so then - how would the votes of the Senn and Beyer have changed? And how does price, accessibility, how long the product's been available, how it's generally thought of etc factor into (a) decision to try or buy; (b) decision to keep?

Can't be answered; not enough information.

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:40 PM Post #186 of 193
Beyerdynamic  T1 absolutely deserve to win here. simply because the price is an acceptable T1 :detail,musicality, clarity, wide soundstage, imaging very well, .
I own lcd3 ,fostex Th900 but when you try T1 with  Audeze leather pads : no harshness ,  more comfortable,more bass.
simply magic mod . I used T1 more than Lcd 3 fazor.

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #187 of 193
Agreed about price (which -> accessibility), although for the poll (any poll) to have maximum value it has to be either mods excluded or mods included as other voting options.

I own the LCD3F, 2r1, T1 (and Grado RS1). None are modded. General order is 3F > 2r1 > T1 > RS1 although for classical (especially string) it's T1 > 2r1 > RS1. Haven't compared T1 and 3F yet to decide there. (RS1 is a special case as I find it great with certain genres straight out of an i-device, no portable amp needed).

Interesting T1 mod!

Oct 31, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #188 of 193
  Beyerdynamic  T1 absolutely deserve to win here. simply because the price is an acceptable T1 :detail,musicality, clarity, wide soundstage, imaging very well, .
I own lcd3 ,fostex Th900 but when you try T1 with  Audeze leather pads : no harshness ,  more comfortable,more bass.
simply magic mod . I used T1 more than Lcd 3 fazor.

Tried it myself with the LCD2 leather pads. These combination is very muffled and missing a lot of the airy sound. I got better results with Shure840 and Shure940 pads and they fit perfect. 

LCD2 - way to heavy and uncomfortable. In my opinion sounds best before the Fazor version.
HD800 - sounds very good as it is, but the look is not my thing and the soudnstage can be weird sometimes. To fragile to handle scratch/lacquering.
T1 - way to aggressive treble, but easy manageable (Loquah Mod, Shure 840/940 pad, Brainwavz velour)

If you get the T1 on decent price and willing to do some modifications, you get an perfect all-rounder for any kind of music with a very natural good soundstage..

Apr 24, 2016 at 8:07 AM Post #190 of 193
Just got to compare the LCD-3 with my T1, both powered by the same Burson Virtuoso V2+. This was the first time I compared the T1 to another high end headphone, and I am really struck how different they are. The LCD-3 is surely one of the best headphones, and they must be, for the price that is about three times that of the T1, but at the moment I would not exchange them for my T1. The Audeze certainly has a lot of punch, but for my T1 ears, this is way too much bass, for example when listening to Tool. I found that over all sorts of music, there is a layer of warm fog, leading to more but less precise bass punch, and to considerably less overall detail and clarity. For example, listening to "Commemorative 9/11 T-Shirt" by Oceansize with its strange chirping sounds lost almost all of its magic to me. I also tried listening to classical music (e.g., Beethoven 7), which was not at all enjoyable, with a completely unnatural sound, and again the warm fog covering so many details. From this short comparison, I could hardly believe anybody would want to use the Audeze for anything else than rock music.

Now, I really believe that our brain quickly adapts to the way we listen to music, so we will very soon come to perceive anything else than our usual gear as being rather unnatural. Very likely, if I had a LCD-3 brain, I could hardly tolerate the T1 and its bright sound, and all the sound details must then seem completely exaggerated and harsh. To me, this leads to several questions:

- If there are such huge differences between the sound produced by the best cans, who can then tell how the music originally sounded when it was recorded? Is there even such thing as "the original sound of music"? After all, the perception of music must be highly different between listeners, depending on what we listened to in our earlier life.

- What role can headphone amplifiers play? I know there are differences among amplifiers, and I really tried to find one of the best, but if there are such huge differences among cans, it would probably make more sense buying several headphones for the different sorts of music (which of course many people do) than paying all that money for a good amplifier.

- I guess there must be some sort of regionally different ways of sound perception. It is probably no coincidence that so many central Europan cans like Sennheiser, AKG and Beyerdynamic have such a bright sound that might be more suitable for classical music, and Audeze seems to be build for rock music.

Aug 22, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #191 of 193
I have most of the above. LCD, like Dre, pumps up the bass. If you're a purist, avoid. Also.. I feel headspeakers are more than just the sound of the unit. It's also the company behind it.

I compare my Audeze headphones to British cars.. exceptionally fun to drive but keeping them on the road is challenging. I had to return my LCD-2's in January '16 at a shipping cost of $65 from Texas and now I have to do it again in August same year.. $65. At some point I have to dipsy dumpster them. Maybe now. Company doesn't care much about customer satisfaction.

My Sennheiser experiences have always been top notch and professional. You don't get that sense that they're down to their last $10K in the bank.

Sep 13, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #192 of 193
I want to buy a DAC around $1000 for HD800(s). I usually listen to piano and symphonies and my amp would be Woo WA2 or WA22. Any suggestions for the DAC guys? For now, I am interested in Schiit Gungnir2 Multibit. Thanks a lot.

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #193 of 193
" I want to buy a DAC around $1000 for HD800(s). I usually listen to piano and symphonies and my amp would be Woo WA2 or WA22. Any suggestions for the DAC guys? For now, I am interested in Schiit Gungnir2 Multibit. Thanks a lot."

i'm guessing that this is a dead thread, but anyway... if u can audition the questyle CMA600i... you're welcome :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back