Please end my search for Basshead IEM's...
Jun 15, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #61 of 76
When I first received my VB's I thought I noticed a difference between the left and right balance, but since I was listening to them on my phone I couldn't play with the balance controls.  Well yesterday I hooked them up to my laptop and started playing music through Winamp.  I was then able to switch from right to left balance and there was a significant difference between the two sides.  In order for the volumes to be the same in both ears i have to adjust the balance to 38% to the left.  I contacted the member that I bought the VB's from and he is going to contact Jaben to see how I can resolve this issue.  Hopefully Jaben will be cool about this!

Zac

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #62 of 76
Quote:
When I first received my VB's I thought I noticed a difference between the left and right balance, but since I was listening to them on my phone I couldn't play with the balance controls.  Well yesterday I hooked them up to my laptop and started playing music through Winamp.  I was then able to switch from right to left balance and there was a significant difference between the two sides.  In order for the volumes to be the same in both ears i have to adjust the balance to 38% to the left.  I contacted the member that I bought the VB's from and he is going to contact Jaben to see how I can resolve this issue.  Hopefully Jaben will be cool about this!

Zac

I had the same problem, are you finding it's mostly the bass that's unbalanced? They need a proper seal. I went through the exact same thing and had a replacement sent to me through Jaben. In between waiting for the replacement  I still had the old ones, and found out it was a seal problem the whole time, not a problem with the IEM. Try this video see if it changes anything. Also try moving up to the largest tips you can use.(the large clearish silicion ones worked for me)  This happens a lot with VB because bass in these amounts requires an almost air tight seal or you get channel imbalance.

You should be able to insert them and when you take them out the tips should turn inside out. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #63 of 76
Quote:
I had the same problem, are you finding it's mostly the bass that's unbalanced? They need a proper seal. I went through the exact same thing and had a replacement sent to me through Jaben. In between waiting for the replacement  I still had the old ones, and found out it was a seal problem the whole time, not a problem with the IEM. Try this video see if it changes anything. Also try moving up to the largest tips you can use.(the large clearish silicion ones worked for me)  This happens a lot with VB because bass in these amounts requires an almost air tight seal or you get channel imbalance.

You should be able to insert them and when you take them out the tips should turn inside out. 

I have tried all of the tips and I can't get the sound level to be the same out of each ear.  I thought it might be my left ear that is at issue, but when I switch the left and right nozzles the left ear now has more sound than the right.  I am using the comply foam tips so i know I am getting a very tight seal around the ear, so it has to be the IEM.  Hopefully I hear back from the seller soon so I can resolve this.  I have a lot of fab work coming up and want to use the VB's instead of my cks55's

Zac

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #64 of 76
Quote:

I have tried all of the tips and I can't get the sound level to be the same out of each ear.  I thought it might be my left ear that is at issue, but when I switch the left and right nozzles the left ear now has more sound than the right.  I am using the comply foam tips so i know I am getting a very tight seal around the ear, so it has to be the IEM.  Hopefully I hear back from the seller soon so I can resolve this.  I have a lot of fab work coming up and want to use the VB's instead of my cks55's

Zac

It may have something to do with the bass plates, I did have the exact same problem and I understand it's frustrating. Jaben are pretty good, they should replace them for you. If you've tried pulling your ear up and inserting them deeply like the video in my post above shows it must be the earpiece. 

Bummer dude. 

Jun 18, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #65 of 76
Yeah I lift my ear, I roll the foam down to as small as possible and insert them until the nozzle won't go any further and after a couple seconds of expansion from the foam It has a complete seal.  I can hear the driver cracking and lightly popping when i move the nozzle around which from what I heard is due to a good seal.  I can also feel a vacuum pulling on my ear as i pull them out.

Has anyone ever dealt with returning a IEM that was not from an original purchaser? 

Zac

Jun 22, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #69 of 76
Jul 2, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #70 of 76
Quote:
It may have something to do with the bass plates, I did have the exact same problem and I understand it's frustrating. Jaben are pretty good, they should replace them for you. If you've tried pulling your ear up and inserting them deeply like the video in my post above shows it must be the earpiece. 

Bummer dude. 

This is CRAZY!!!!!  I just got my replacement set from Jaben and I am having the exact same problem.  The right channel has much more powerful bass than the left (it is most noticeable with bass but the whole spectrum seems weaker on the left ear piece).  I can switch the right ear piece into my left ear and it is still more powerful than the left ear piece in my right ear.  I thought it has to be my phone but the same thing happens with my ipod. 

Could this really be happening?

Is there an Android app that has an equalizer and balance function built into it?  I am currently using this app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer 
I would be just fine if it would control the balance but it does not.

Thanks again for any help,
Zac

Jul 3, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #72 of 76
Quote:

This is CRAZY!!!!!  I just got my replacement set from Jaben and I am having the exact same problem.  The right channel has much more powerful bass than the left (it is most noticeable with bass but the whole spectrum seems weaker on the left ear piece).  I can switch the right ear piece into my left ear and it is still more powerful than the left ear piece in my right ear.  I thought it has to be my phone but the same thing happens with my ipod. 

Could this really be happening?

Is there an Android app that has an equalizer and balance function built into it?  I am currently using this app... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.equalizer 
I would be just fine if it would control the balance but it does not.

Thanks again for any help,
Zac

It's really strange that this is popping up more often. I don't know of any android apps sorry. I suggest you get straight back in contact with Jaben and explain what's happened. You're now the fourth person including myself who has had this problem, yet three other members who recently purchased are absolutely fine. When you're wearing them and the bass seems unbalanced what happens if you apply a little pressure to the side displaying lower volume?  Use your finger and push them in a little. (without covering the bass plate ports) Tell us if there's any change.

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #74 of 76
Quote:
It's really strange that this is popping up more often. I don't know of any android apps sorry. I suggest you get straight back in contact with Jaben and explain what's happened. You're now the fourth person including myself who has had this problem, yet three other members who recently purchased are absolutely fine. When you're wearing them and the bass seems unbalanced what happens if you apply a little pressure to the side displaying lower volume?  Use your finger and push them in a little. (without covering the bass plate ports) Tell us if there's any change.

I have tried all sorts of positions and pressures with no avail.  I have let them burn in for the last 48 hrs hoping that would fix the issue but that didn't work either.  I do have to say it seems a little less of a difference between each side but I may just be tricking myself into thinking that because I haven't listened to them in 48 hrs :wink:  I sent an e-mail to Andy@Jaben.net so hopefully he has a suggestion.

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #75 of 76
Quote:
This is weird mine had perfect balance. Maybe try a different source as it may be a source problem.

Well rub it in why don't you
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back