Please end my search for Basshead IEM's...
Jun 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #31 of 76
do you need call control/mic on the headset, or does that not matter at all? If so, I just ordered a new set of Audio-Technica  ATH-CKS55iS in red/black http://www.ebay.com/itm/170836599330?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2911wt_905... just released on may 17th.. pretty sick bass...especially with some comply tips. Cant get much better if you want/need phone control too....i'm selling mine because I found a deal locally on a huge lot of various headphones and i'm in the process of testing them all out right now.. They are great,... i just dont need them anymore.. they've been burned in for about 40 hours so far, and the filter hasnt been removed...which apparently opens up some nasty boom... let me know if you are interested.. 

Jun 8, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #32 of 76
I figured I would update this thread because others might gain some insight from it.  I took advantage of Wutadd's offer of the ATH-CKS55is and got them yesterday.  I am very happy with the sound being produced by these IEMs but I was hoping for even more bass.  I decided to remove the filters from the nozzles and honestly I couldn't really tell a difference.  My ears aren't as trained as most of you guys so I wasn't expecting to have my mind blown after the filters were removed, but I was expecting to notice something obvious.  Maybe the sound is a little cleaner.  I am waiting on my Comply T400 tips to be delivered so I am expecting the sound to get even better when they arrive.

EDIT: I have been listening to them for about five hours today and the inside of my ear was getting sore from the silicone tips that come standard.  I am hoping the Comply tips will make it easier on my ears.

I am most certainly going to keep these because they do sound really good, but my search for the extreme basshead IEMs continues.  My budget is still the same at $120. 

Do you think I should give the Hippo vb's a chance or will they not be any more powerful than the cks55's?
I am tempted to try the Ultimate Ears 500's but would like someone else with more experience to guide me in the right direction.

Zac

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #33 of 76
Quote:
I figured I would update this thread because others might gain some insight from it.  I took advantage of Wutadd's offer of the ATH-CKS55is and got them yesterday.  I am very happy with the sound being produced by these IEMs but I was hoping for even more bass.  I decided to remove the filters from the nozzles and honestly I couldn't really tell a difference.  My ears aren't as trained as most of you guys so I wasn't expecting to have my mind blown after the filters were removed, but I was expecting to notice something obvious.  Maybe the sound is a little cleaner.  I am waiting on my Comply T400 tips to be delivered so I am expecting the sound to get even better when they arrive.

I am most certainly going to keep these because they do sound really good, but my search for the extreme basshead IEMs continues.  My budget is still the same at $120. 

Do you think I should give the Hippo vb's a chance or will they not be any more powerful than the cks55's?
I am tempted to try the Ultimate Ears 500's but would like someone else with more experience to guide me in the right direction.

Zac

My recommendation is to return them and get the Aurisonics ASG 1.2. Your budget + the money from returning the CK55s should be enough to cover the cost.

Jun 8, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #34 of 76
Well I bought them used from another member so there is no return policy unless they were defective.

Maybe I can save up for a while and cover the extra cost of the ASG 1.2 but that is only if they will REALLY do what I want.

I haven't dealt with online retailers yet for IEMs.... Will they really refund me the purchase price if I am not satisfied with the amount of bass?

If that is the case then I guess I have nothing to lose except for the shipping costs. 

Zac

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #35 of 76
Quote:
Well I bought them used from another member so there is no return policy unless they were defective.

Maybe I can save up for a while and cover the extra cost of the ASG 1.2 but that is only if they will REALLY do what I want.

I haven't dealt with online retailers yet for IEMs.... Will they really refund me the purchase price if I am not satisfied with the amount of bass?

If that is the case then I guess I have nothing to lose except for the shipping costs. 

Zac

In my opinion, the ASG-1 is the ultimate basshead audiophile iem. It even surpasses the FX700 in this respect. The best part is that it not only doesn't negatively affect the mids, it has the best midrange I've heard. I hear the RE262 is up there as well though.

Jun 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #36 of 76
I recommend contacting either Dale at Aurisonics or Matt at SpringTree (one of the authorized retailers). You will be greeted with phenomenal customer service.

As far as bass goes, I don't think you'll find another iem with better bass impact.

Jun 8, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #38 of 76
the fx101 is an incredible bass headphone, the only one  prefer over it for this use is the hje900 unfortunatley you would be lucky to find them nowadays.   Pair either iem with a digizoid zo and you have a hell of a potent bass combo.

Jun 8, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #39 of 76
As great as the ASG-1.2 is, I don't find the ASG-1.2 to be a basshead earphone. Probably a tier below in quantity compared to ATH-CKS77 or Xeport 5010 (bassy phones I have) without an EQ.

Quality wise, its top tier though.

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #40 of 76
Quote:

EDIT: I have been listening to them for about five hours today and the inside of my ear was getting sore from the silicone tips that come standard.  I am hoping the Comply tips will make it easier on my ears.

Zac

Yes, your dream will be fulfilled. I didn't mention Hippo VB pages back without good reason. Basically I have been through this a few months ago, I tried several peoples opinions, spent silly amounts of money side stepping and in the end was happy with VB. I cannot express my recommendation towards them any stronger. You can either keep trying alternatives which is going to add up without meeting your expectations or go straight to the end where I found happiness.  

Goodluck.

Jun 8, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #41 of 76
Quote:
Bestbuy is about to ban me from their store if I keep returning IEMs
biggrin.gif
I started out at $20 for some cheap Sony's (bumpin beats), then tried the Skull Candy (smokin buds), Phillips Sport over the ear, then Klipsh S4 (they were nice, but heart my ears due to fitment and I would like more bass), Bose IE2 (very nice sound but they are not noise isolating and the bass doesn't really hit unless you push them into your ear).  I am currently listening to the Soul by Ludacris SL99 (very nice sound but I do not like the heavy cord and I still want MORE BASS
L3000.gif
)

I have been searching a little for basshead IEMs and there are quite a few out there.  I do not, obviously, have much experience with these types of headphones so I don't know how to interpret peoples reviews.  I will outline what I want and hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction...

I am a fabricator so I am always using power tools so noise isolating is necessary.
The warehouse is VERY hot so I sweat a lot.  The IEMs need to handle that or at least be easily exchanged if they go bad.
I listen to dubstep, breaks, D&B, rock, hip-hop, indie, alt rock, folk rock, even classical at times so I don't really have a true style.
My ears seem to handle bass just fine but really loud highs really hurt my ears, so I want HARD DEEP BASS, good mids, and mild highs.
I want to be able to crank the volume up without having the highs pierce to my brain
wink.gif

I do not want to spend over $120 with shipping so hopefully that helps.

One of the reasons why I have been dealing with Bestbuy is they are right around the corner, and they have a free replacement plan for two years if anything happens to the IEMs during that time.  I am rough with my toys so I need something like that.

Thanks so much for this great website (I already cashed in on one of the deals in that 330 page thread) and thanks for your help!
Zac

Check out the new JVC FXD80.

I have the JVC FXC51 (from amazon.com) very good bass, comfort and isolation.

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #43 of 76
Quote:
the fx101 is an incredible bass headphone, the only one  prefer over it for this use is the hje900 unfortunatley you would be lucky to find them nowadays.   Pair either iem with a digizoid zo and you have a hell of a potent bass combo.

I did try the fx101 and they had less amplitude of bass than the UE350's I had at the same time.  They were also very uncomfortable due to the large nozzle.  I just couldn't keep them in my ears without hurting.

Thanks for your reply though,
Zac

Jun 9, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #44 of 76
Quote:

In my opinion, the ASG-1 is the ultimate basshead audiophile iem. It even surpasses the FX700 in this respect. The best part is that it not only doesn't negatively affect the mids, it has the best midrange I've heard. I hear the RE262 is up there as well though.

Quote:
I recommend contacting either Dale at Aurisonics or Matt at SpringTree (one of the authorized retailers). You will be greeted with phenomenal customer service.

As far as bass goes, I don't think you'll find another iem with better bass impact.

Oh you guys are killing me!  I want to take that plunge but I just don't want to be disappointed.  I do have a couple members that are waiting on their 1.2 rev to be delivered and they said they would let me know what they think.  I can wait for their response to see how they feel as well.

Thanks for your replies,
Zac

Users who are viewing this thread

Back