Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA
Sep 7, 2015 at 6:36 AM Post #62 of 1,830
Why do you guys need digital out? To use it at home as a Dac? Doesn't it make more sense to have a Dac for home purposes? If you want to use the dap as a transport mighty as well use usb. The price is right on this one. Looks like a large ak240 for left handers. I like the top bumper as it can help protect the hphone jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmm.....because having digital out is standard for modern DAPs. Also, it is an equipment multiplier (fine tuning the sound signature depending on headphones used). Finally, driving power of an external amp is required for harder to drive headphones. No digital out is a deal breaker for me.

Sep 7, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #63 of 1,830
I dont need digital output on my DAP, but I read that it is similar to android phone that it can do USB OTG to connect to outboard DAC. Personally, I prefer to use computer for this purpose.

Sep 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #65 of 1,830
  I'm guessing no go for digital out to a Hugo? :S

angry_face.gif
 Not good. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #68 of 1,830
What is the relation between Pioneer XDP-100R and Onkyo DP-X1? Is this a joint creation between Pioneer and Onkyo? Or did one company engineer it and the other company re-brand it with different features like balanced or lack of?

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #69 of 1,830
Probably, the pioneer is just a re-branding ... :frowning2:

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #70 of 1,830
  What is the relation between Pioneer XDP-100R and Onkyo DP-X1? Is this a joint creation between Pioneer and Onkyo? Or did one company engineer it and the other company re-brand it with different features like balanced or lack of?

Probably similar to the DAP by both Onkyo and Teac:
http://www.eu.onkyo.com/en/products/dac-ha300-123716.html
http://www.teac.com/product/ha-p90sd/

Likely shared development to save costs or some sort of licensing (auto makers do it all the time: Subaru BRZ / Toyota FT86 and Scion FR-S).

The Onkyo version of this "Pioneer" player looks very similar (side controls, screen, form factor) aside from the balanced out, no speaker, and doesn't appear to have the screwed on extensions on top and bottom of the Pioneer.

Sep 9, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #71 of 1,830
Yeah I own the dap that was created by partnership of Teac and Onkyo (P90SD), and I really love it, my favorite dap in terms of sound. So I'm keen to see what some other Japanese partnerships come up with, when two companies work together it usually means a product that's twice as good, P90SD sounds great, and as you said, Toyota X Subaru created the great FT86, but what I'm really excited for is the Toyota X BMW, FT-1.

Japanese + German = best car ever 
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2015 at 5:32 AM Post #74 of 1,830
I see a blue one...!

Sep 9, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #75 of 1,830
  Yeah I own the dap that was created by partnership of Teac and Onkyo (P90SD), and I really love it, my favorite dap in terms of sound. So I'm keen to see what some other Japanese partnerships come up with, when two companies work together it usually means a product that's twice as good, P90SD sounds great, and as you said, Toyota X Subaru created the great FT86, but what I'm really excited for is the Toyota X BMW, FT-1.

Japanese + German = best car ever 
biggrin.gif

Best car ever is still the Mclaren F1 (admittedly it has a BMW engine......).

Closest approach to that in DAPs (including price) is the Tera Player. No screen since screens apparently add noise/jitter. If someone found a way to make a fully functional DAP with a GUI and no compromise on sound quality, it'd be the F1 of players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back